Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro showing variable message for successful/unsuccessful roll

Edited 1641950618
Hi, I'm wondering if there's a way to show a different chat text message depending on whether a % roll is below or above the value of the relevant attribute, eg strike chance of 63 so result<63 Conan wallops his foe etc...feels like it should be relatively simple but guess I wasn't born to be a coder ;-) Any advice much appreciated! Oh using SPI Dragonquest system and roll20 Dragonquest character sheet if that's useful...
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This isn't possible natively. You need to be a Pro user and have access to API scripts to do this properly. You can kind of achieve it in a clunky way usaing rollable tables. If you use an inline roll to generate a 0 for fail, and 1 for success, you can use two rollable tables, each with one entry.
Thanks for the info GiGs, not what I was hoping to hear but stops me going further down that rabbit hole at least, appreciate your input👍