Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Savage Worlds - Tabbed character sheet compendium integration

Hi everyone, I'm trying to get a game of Savage Rifts going and it looks like the Savage Worlds tabbed sheet is the only character sheet option for Rifts. The sheet is great, but the trouble is I don't seem to be able to drag and drop anything from the compendium (weapons, powers, etc.) into the character sheet. I just wanted to check whether this is a me problem or if it's a limitation of this character sheet, as I've only really played with official D&D 5e on Roll20 up until now. I have the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition and the Savage Rifts bundle - I've tried dragging entries from both without success. I understand that for this to work character sheets must have compendium integration, but I can't work out how to check whether it does or doesn't. Any help or advice would be amazing.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Actually, the Official Savage Worlds Character sheet fully supports and is integrated with the Compendium for drag and drop...the sheet can even be themed for Rifts. :)
Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Benevolent DM, We love Rifts® for Savage Worlds. Here's 3 things you can do to maximize your Mega Damage with Rifts®. 1) In order to make full use of our compendiums you will need to use the Official Savages Worlds Character Sheet. It shows up on your drop down list as Official Savage Worlds by Pinnacle. 2) Set your sheet theme to Rifts® for extra immersion. 3) All our compendium come with module add-ons with setting specific Macros and RollTables such as Hero's Journey, Technical Difficulties, and more. We recommend you add at least the Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide Add-On. If you're designing adventures the Mission generator and Random Town generator in the Game Master's Handbook are super helpful, and creating random monsters from the rifts from the tables in Savage Foes of North America is always fun too! Welcome to the Megaverse­™ Happy gaming. VTT Team
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
If you're using Power and/or Robot Armor, the configuration tab allows you to enable/show those tabs, as well.
Thanks very much for the replies - I've switched over to the official character Savage Worlds character sheet and clearly it was just a character sheet compatibility issue with the tabbed sheet, as the official sheet works fine with compendium drag and drop. The only niggle with the official sheet at the moment is that I can't see any options for adding cybernetics (we potentially have a full and partial 'borg in the group) - any advice on the easiest way to track cybernetics on the official sheet?  thanks again!
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Speaking as someone who hasn't played Rifts, here's how I would handle Cybernetics... If Strain is a thing, on the Configuration tab, check the Addition Derived check box. Then on the Character Tab, under Additional Derived Stats I'd add the info for strain. Then for Cybernetics... 1. If it affects things like Pace, traits, etc. I'd probably put it under Special Abilities and I'd update the appropriate trait. If Special Abilities aren't showing, you can enable them on the Configuration tab (Other Tweaks section, second column). 2. If the cybernetic has a weapon effect, I'd put it under the weapons section 3. If it has a power-like effect, I'd put it under Powers In all instances, I'd add the strain information (if there is such a thing) in the notes for each of the different sections respectively. If it was important to keep a list of all the cybernetics in one place, I'd add them to the Physical Appearance section (the tab with the notepad icon). I'll see if I can get Rifts player to comment on their setup for cybernetics, too. 
Venatus V.
Compendium Curator
Hello, Finderski asked if I could give some input from a Rifts® player and GM perspective. I agree with everything he said about how to account for Cybernetics.  If you pull the Cyborg out of Savage Foes of North America you can see how some of the special abilities for a full conversion cyborg were set up (the Pace increase, Armor, unarmed combat etc.) VV
Amazing; thanks very much for your help everyone, I really appreciate all of the responses!