Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

My brain hurts :(

I have a VERY  limited understanding of macros. I'm involved in a game of Dungeons & Destiny which (at the moment) doesn't have much in the way of support on Roll20 (no character sheets etc.) I am trying to make life easier by creating macros to handle things that would be repeated often. What I'm trying to do at the moment is create a macro that will allow me to select a skill roll and then ask if it is to be rolled with (or without) advantage/disadvantage. Can this be done and if so could anyone give me some pointers please? :)
I have a macro (for example) that will roll an attack allowing me to choose with advantage/disadvantage/none "?{Advantage?|None,[[1d20cs>20+3+2]]|Advantage,[[2d20cs>20kh1+3+2]]|Disadvantage,[[2d20cf<1kl1+3+2]]} to hit" and part of mind befuddled brain is saying that I should be able to do what I want with nested macros. But I haven't been able to see how yet?
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
No worries; we've all been there. --not in your game . All of us? That would be too chaotic. And probably some kind of record. No, I mean learning macros. That place. We've all been there. =D We're probably going to need some more details about how a given roll would be constructed to involve the Skill, and how the Skill's value would impact the roll. What does "advantage" and "disadvantage" mean in this system? The same as D&D? As a for instance, here is a roll query helping to construct a roll where the chosen skill would add to the d20 output of a D&D advantage model: [[?{Which skill?|Bowling,@{selected|bowling}|Macrame,@{selected|macrame}} + ?{Advantage?|Standard,1d20|Advantage,2d20kh1|Disadvantage,2d20kl1}]] The roll query can be broken down into a prompt (the "Which skill?") -- which is the thing that will let you re-use the query later, if you need to -- then a pipe-separated list of returns which are represented as "label,return"... so "Bowling|@{selected|bowling}" This is assuming that you have a custom character sheet that has your Bowling and Macrame attributes stored (you can make use of a custom character sheet even if Roll20 doesn't have one for your specified system, then just add attributes manually as necessary). If that doesn't get you close enough, post back with more specifics of your roll construction.