Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] Pathfinder Bombs

With the pathfinder character sheet, I don't see a way to impart multi-attack bonuses onto throwing multiple bombs a round. I've tried to insert a query into the bomb attack roll temporary bonus, but I can't get it to activate. The query is ?{Attack Number| 1,0 | 2,-5 | 3,-10 } I suppose I could put in a custom ranged strike and input all the data from an alchemist bomb, but it seems like the sheet would account for this. Am I missing something obvious or do I need to do some macro magic?
Not sure if this is the issue as I'm only seeing the query and not the full macro/roll (and I'm not familiar with the Pathfinder sheet), but try removing the spaces after the vertical pipes to see if that helps.  That's a common issue with some queries.

Edited 1642023613
The full roll, achieved by rolling the attack and copying the text version of it (Character name is Alchemist for the sake of temporary character): @{Alchemist|whispertype} &{template:rolls} {{limit_height=@{Alchemist|roll_limit_height}}} {{charactername=@{Alchemist|character_name}}} {{header=Lesser Alchemist's Fire}} {{subheader=^{ranged_strike}}} {{notes_show=@{Alchemist|roll_show_notes}}} {{info01_name=^{range}}}{{info01=@{Alchemist|bomb_range}}} {{info02_name=^{bomb_splash_range}}}{{info02=@{Alchemist|bomb_splash_range}}}  {{notes=Alchemist's fire is a combination of volatile liquids that ignite when exposed to air. The bomb deals 1d8 fire damage, 1 persistent fire damage, and 1 fire splash damage. 1 additional persistent fire damage from Ancestry feat. }} {{roll01_name=^{attack}}} {{roll01= [[1d20cs20cf1 + (@{Alchemist|bomb_attack})[@{Alchemist|text_modifier}] + ()[@{Alchemist|text_bonus}]]]}} {{roll01_type=attack}} {{roll01_info=Alchemical, Bomb, Consumable, Fire, Splash, @{Alchemist|active_bomb_traits}Manipulate}} {{roll01_critical=1}} {{roll02_name=^{damage}}} {{roll02= [[1d8 + (0)[MISC]]] }} {{roll02_type=damage}} {{roll02_info=fire @{Alchemist|bomb_effects} @{Alchemist|active_bomb_effect} @{Alchemist|active_bomb_save_type} @{Alchemist|active_bomb_dc}}} {{roll03_name=^{damage_additional_splash}}} {{roll03=4 fire splash}} {{roll03_type=damage}} {{roll04_name=^{damage_additional_persistent}}} {{roll04=2 persistent fire @{Alchemist|active_bomb_damage_additional}}} {{roll04_type=damage}} I put the query as posted here in the damage and the @{bomb_attack_key_ability} slot and it worked, but the key ability kept erasing and resetting. I also put normal numbers into the temp modifier and those worked. Just not the query.

Edited 1642032712
Oh sweet Jesus I figured it out. For those of you who are also searching, let me pay forward the literal hours I invested in this small aspect of the Pathfinder 2e character sheet: In Attributes & Abilities, alter the trait of bomb_attack to: Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @{bomb_attack_key_ability}+@{bomb_attack_proficiency}+?{Attack Number|1,0|2,-5|3,-10|} Of course, the text of "Attack Number" is able to be changed to whatever you want. If there's some ability to reduce the Multi-Attack Bonus I don't know what it is, This does make the display on the sheet a little weird because under the section of Bomb Attack Roll it displays the code and not a number. Sacrifice I'm willing to make.
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Zack B. said: Oh sweet Jesus I figured it out. This feeling. I know it.