Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5e: Changing automatically rolled dice type(s)

So for context i'm running a boss encounter and i want the boss to have an ability where it steals sides off of a player's die/dice on a failed save and adds it to its own die/dice. For example a PC fails the saving throw and now all their saves, ability checks, and attack rolls are now made with a d18 instead of a d20, and the boss now has a d22 for the same rolls. Is there an easy way to edit the type of die rolled? or is there a script or other method of automating the modified roll, besides using the /r command?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There is a field on the settings tab of each character sheet, near the upper right, where you can set the base roll. It is likely currently set to '1d20'.
Oh my god i can't believe it was that obvious thank you