Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Party stat tracker

I'm looking for a way to allow my players to easily track and modify a shared party resource/stat. This needs to be conveniently accessible both to look at what the current number is and to add or subtract from it, but I'm stumped for ideas how to do it. Best case it's available from any page and I don't have to use a dummy token to drag around for it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Can you just assign a new character for the party as the "party-resources" character? Give the whole party access to the sheet. Then they can do things like @{Resources|Yak_Wax} and know how much Yak Wax the party has. Then you can use ChatSetAttr to set the value, and some sort of chat menu to get information about the resources. If you really wanted to get slick with the setup, designate certain naming conventions to your resources, and you can use something like InsertArg to build what would be a dynamic list of the resources. Maybe other scripts can do that dynamic list, too, but the idea is that  you can establish the menu macro one time, and it will present an updated menu if you or the players add a new resource... something like [SECTION: In this section, show everything that starts "Supplies", and put a header on this section called "Vittles and Supplies"] Water     [Button] Mutton   [Button] Yak Wax [Button] [SECTION: some other section designation...] ... ...
Interesting suggestion but a little bit more ambitious compared to what I'm after. I'm really only lookign to set up a common dice pool that I want players to be able to track current number of available dice + add/expend dice to easily.
Linus said: Interesting suggestion but a little bit more ambitious compared to what I'm after. I'm really only lookign to set up a common dice pool that I want players to be able to track current number of available dice + add/expend dice to easily. I use something like that to let the players manage their sheets resources without having to look at the sheets, just trim down the repeating boxes and change the selected portion of each variable to the macro mules character name.   /w @{selected|character_name} &{template:default} {{name=Character Manager}} {{name=Character Manager}} {{Temp HP=**@{selected|hp_temp}** | [Set New value](!setattr --sel --hp_temp|?{New Value?})}} {{Hit Dice=@{selected|hit_dice}/@{selected|hit_dice|max}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --hit_dice|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --hit_dice|+1)}} {{Level 1=@{selected|lvl1_slots_expended}/@{selected|lvl1_slots_total}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --lvl1_slots_expended|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --lvl1_slots_expended|+1)}} {{Level 2=@{selected|lvl2_slots_expended}/@{selected|lvl2_slots_total}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --lvl2_slots_expended|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --lvl2_slots_expended|+1)}} {{Level 3=@{selected|lvl3_slots_expended}/@{selected|lvl3_slots_total}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --lvl3_slots_expended|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --lvl3_slots_expended|+1)}} {{Level 4=@{selected|lvl4_slots_expended}/@{selected|lvl4_slots_total}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --lvl4_slots_expended|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --lvl4_slots_expended|+1)}} {{Level 5=@{selected|lvl5_slots_expended}/@{selected|lvl5_slots_total}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --lvl5_slots_expended|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --lvl5_slots_expended|+1)}} {{Level 6=@{selected|lvl6_slots_expended}/@{selected|lvl6_slots_total}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --lvl6_slots_expended|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --lvl6_slots_expended|+1)}} {{Level 7=@{selected|lvl7_slots_expended}/@{selected|lvl7_slots_total}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --lvl7_slots_expended|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --lvl7_slots_expended|+1)}} {{Level 8=@{selected|lvl8_slots_expended}/@{selected|lvl8_slots_total}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --lvl8_slots_expended|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --lvl8_slots_expended|+1)}} {{Level 9=@{selected|lvl9_slots_expended}/@{selected|lvl9_slots_total}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --lvl9_slots_expended|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --lvl9_slots_expended|+1)}} {{@{selected|class_resource_name}=@{selected|class_resource}/@{selected|class_resource|max}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --class_resource|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --class_resource|+1)}} {{@{selected|other_resource_name}=@{selected|other_resource}/@{selected|other_resource|max}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --other_resource|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --other_resource|+1)}} {{@{selected|repeating_resource_$0_resource_left_name}=@{selected|repeating_resource_$0_resource_left}/@{selected|repeating_resource_$0_resource_left|max}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --repeating_resource_$0_resource_left|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --repeating_resource_$0_resource_left|+1)}} {{@{selected|repeating_resource_$1_resource_left_name}=@{selected|repeating_resource_$1_resource_left}/@{selected|repeating_resource_$1_resource_left|max}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --repeating_resource_$1_resource_left|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --repeating_resource_$1_resource_left|+1)}} {{@{selected|repeating_resource_$2_resource_left_name}=@{selected|repeating_resource_$2_resource_left}/@{selected|repeating_resource_$2_resource_left|max}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --repeating_resource_$2_resource_left|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --repeating_resource_$2_resource_left|+1)}} {{@{selected|repeating_resource_$3_resource_left_name}=@{selected|repeating_resource_$3_resource_left}/@{selected|repeating_resource_$3_resource_left|max}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --repeating_resource_$3_resource_left|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --repeating_resource_$3_resource_left|+1)}} {{@{selected|repeating_resource_$0_resource_right_name}=@{selected|repeating_resource_$0_resource_right}/@{selected|repeating_resource_$0_resource_right|max}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --repeating_resource_$0_resource_right|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --repeating_resource_$0_resource_right|+1)}} {{@{selected|repeating_resource_$1_resource_right_name}=@{selected|repeating_resource_$1_resource_right}/@{selected|repeating_resource_$1_resource_right|max}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --repeating_resource_$1_resource_right|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --repeating_resource_$1_resource_right|+1)}} {{@{selected|repeating_resource_$2_resource_right_name}=@{selected|repeating_resource_$2_resource_right}/@{selected|repeating_resource_$2_resource_right|max}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --repeating_resource_$2_resource_right|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --repeating_resource_$2_resource_right|+1)}} {{@{selected|repeating_resource_$3_resource_right_name}=@{selected|repeating_resource_$3_resource_right}/@{selected|repeating_resource_$3_resource_right|max}|[Expend](!modbattr --sel --repeating_resource_$3_resource_right|-1)|[Refund](!modbattr --sel --repeating_resource_$3_resource_right|+1)}}