Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Savage Worlds Sheet - Is the advances calculation broken?

I'm running a Deadlands game and I recently gave the players an advance, but we're struggling to understand the sheet's auto calculation of advances. It looks like it just adds up the number of edges that have been dragged into the sheet. So given the characters are all human, it has the advances at 1 already, which is incorrect. The advancement calculation also doesn't seem to account for attribute or skill increases. Also what is the purpose of this field in the character sheet? As far as a I can tell, it doesn't affect advances, and doesn't add to any rolls. Is the advances calculation broken, or is it just an edge counter, and practically I need to turn on manual advance & rank ?
Ok some more tweaking of this I found the option in the Edges to set 'Racial', 'Creation', 'Advance', or 'GM Fiat/Other'. So selecting anything other than Advance, means the edge entry doesn't count towards the Advances Calculation, so we can fix the human race off by one issue. Are we also supposed to add fake edges here for Attribute and Skill changes. So something like "Advance - Novice Attribute Raise - Spirit" and set it as an advance? "Advance - Increase 2 lesser skills" "Advance - Increase 1 major skill"
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Dresdon said: Are we also supposed to add fake edges here for Attribute and Skill changes. So something like "Advance - Novice Attribute Raise - Spirit" and set it as an advance? "Advance - Increase 2 lesser skills" "Advance - Increase 1 major skill" That's what I do, so it's easy for the GM to validate I did everything correctly. I have a plan to add a tick box to the Edges to hide things like that on the condensed view (when the padlock is locked) so you don't have to see a long list of "Edges" that are just Trait increases, but I can't speak to when that will make it in.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Dresdon said: Also what is the purpose of this field in the character sheet? As far as a I can tell, it doesn't affect advances, and doesn't add to any rolls. Sorry, missed this question...If there are Edges/Hindrances that apply a modifier to all rolls (e.g. Elderly applies a -1 to all Agility, Strength, and Vigor rolls), then you can add that modifier here and it will automatically be added to the roll. That would look like this: And the roll output looks like this: (Note the + -1 [Elderly] when you hover over the roll result.) I hope this helps. :)
Finderski said: Dresdon said: Also what is the purpose of this field in the character sheet? As far as a I can tell, it doesn't affect advances, and doesn't add to any rolls. Sorry, missed this question...If there are Edges/Hindrances that apply a modifier to all rolls (e.g. Elderly applies a -1 to all Agility, Strength, and Vigor rolls), then you can add that modifier here and it will automatically be added to the roll. That would look like this: And the roll output looks like this: (Note the + -1 [Elderly] when you hover over the roll result.) I hope this helps. :) This is why I'm confused, for the sheets in my game, the modifier isn't being applied in the roll. Instead of the -1 [Test Edge], its coming out as 0 []
I think there's a bug in the ones after Agility. If you use Agility it works, but the others also point to the Agility one, not the one under each attribute. I did: Agility 1 Smarts 2 Spirit 3
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
You are correct, I'll get a bug fix submitted ASAP. Sorry about that and thanks for catching it.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Fix for this has been submitted:&nbsp;<a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/10077" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/10077</a>