Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Change the description of exhaustion levels DnD 5e character sheets.

In my 5e game I am about to run I will be using different exhaustion rules (it is still 6 levels) but the affects are different for each level. I noticed in the Attributes and Abilities section I could edit the description of the levels but if a level went away and then came back it would change back to its default description. Would there be a way to make this change stick?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I do not think so. They are likely set by sheetworkers and would require editing the sheet code (which is proprietary and unavailable) in order to make them permanent.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yep, what Keith said. It doesn't work the way you think it might, of toggling the pre-set attributes on and off. It permanently displays the attribute for every level of exhaustion, with each one "" an empty string. When the exhaustion level changes the sheetworker sets the attribute for each required level to the hard-coded internal text. A reactive API script could get around this (requires Pro), but the best bet would be to create a GM macro that outputs the houserule to chat.
Oosh said: Yep, what Keith said. It doesn't work the way you think it might, of toggling the pre-set attributes on and off. It permanently displays the attribute for every level of exhaustion, with each one "" an empty string. When the exhaustion level changes the sheetworker sets the attribute for each required level to the hard-coded internal text. A reactive API script could get around this (requires Pro), but the best bet would be to create a GM macro that outputs the houserule to chat. keithcurtis said: I do not think so. They are likely set by sheetworkers and would require editing the sheet code (which is proprietary and unavailable) in order to make them permanent. Thanks yall for the help! I thought as much that this wouldn't be possible, I'll look into the GM macro but I might just have my players use a resource counter for exhaustion that way the description doesn't mess them up and they can refer to the house rules handout.