Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

(LFP) (D&D5e) (Free) (beginners Welcome) (GMT... Monday nights) Keep on the Borderland

Hi, looking for a good stable group of GMT friendly players for an ongoing Monday night 5e campaign. Now, just to be clear, while I am experienced as a DM I am not a super pro in running on Roll20. It won't be a deeply sophisticated game roll20 mechanics-wise, it is a free game for a reason. The basic premise is to play through some classic OD&D and AD&D modules. No great overarching plot, no 'save the world chosen ones' premise, just playing through the game one module at a time (while developing a base from a ruined keep into, maybe, a full-blown city through character investment). So, to be clear; Reliable players able to commit to an ongoing Monday night game... No flakes please. GMT timezone. I am UK based. Preferred Start on the 31st of Jan Monday nights 7.30 start Discord will be used for chat Old school flavour play so an acceptance of what that entails is good. Beginners welcome 18+ please While I have zero interest in exploring sexual or more extreme content in my game, graphic descriptions of violence and other mature themes should be expected. Except probably a 'Game of Thrones' level of play. I will create a Discord server if there is some demand for this and start talking to people. I would like to have a chat with folks before we start, just to make sure that we are on the same page. Please feel free to ask questions.
Hey, I’m a brand new player from UK and this sounds great to me. I’ve never played through any dnd campaigns. I’ve only ever watched groups on YouTube, so I’d love to be involved if you’ll have me :)
Aidan O. said: Hey, I’m a brand new player from UK and this sounds great to me. I’ve never played through any dnd campaigns. I’ve only ever watched groups on YouTube, so I’d love to be involved if you’ll have me :) Beginners def welcome :) If enough are newbies I will limit the books to core only and give you guys room to get your heads around the basics before opening the rest up. The campaign will be one in the old sense of the erm in the game... More just a series of modules rather than the more linear self contained adventure path we see these days with the all in one book type releases. A plus side of this approach will be that people will be able to easily opt in and out between adventures without causing much disruption.

Edited 1643132392
The date and time seems perfect for me, i've been playing for just over a year and am hooked. It's hard to find a game thats good for uk evening times on roll20. im 30 years old
Monday nights GMT would be good for me, am UK so timezone works. GM of the last 8 years or so, with a penchant and preference for homebrew games so I'd be glad to actually be a player for a while and have fun with the crazy, and even the mundane, classes out there. I've only ran two official modules in the past because I'm bad with working with other people's writings and worlds when I'm gming, so whatever you run I'll be ignorant about so you'll still be able to surprise me whether with pre-written or the variations you add to the game! And don't worry about game not being 'sophisticated', I never run S tier games myself, you work with what you got and have fun where and when you can and random improv is sometimes infinitely better than all the prep work you put in! I'm pretty chill and easygoing but not flaky about meeting session times without proper reason. And I'd only run official player class/race stuff, no homebrew so you don't have to worry about balancing that. Feel free to shoot me a r20 dm if you want!
Empirical said: Aidan O. said: Hey, I’m a brand new player from UK and this sounds great to me. I’ve never played through any dnd campaigns. I’ve only ever watched groups on YouTube, so I’d love to be involved if you’ll have me :) Beginners def welcome :) If enough are newbies I will limit the books to core only and give you guys room to get your heads around the basics before opening the rest up. The campaign will be one in the old sense of the erm in the game... More just a series of modules rather than the more linear self contained adventure path we see these days with the all in one book type releases. A plus side of this approach will be that people will be able to easily opt in and out between adventures without causing much disruption. Sounds great to me when you get enough people which I suspect you will DM me. I’ll try do reading in the meantime to learn how to actually make a character lol. 

Edited 1643075068
Hello I am an old school player (started in the 1990s) and would like to know what you consider old school flavor to be. I can commit to the Mondays on GMT times. Munnin2#0953 on discord

Edited 1643108219
Hi, been looking for a game at a convenient hour for Spanish time for a while. I have had the chance to play a couple of oneshots but still feel new to the game. If that dosent pose a problem i would love to join. Discord: wut#7702
Hi Aidan I'd like to throw my hat in the ring too. 55 years old and probably qualify as an old school gamer, although 5E gives me similar freedom to have fun without always hunting for that rule. Doing the original adventures would be great. I'm in the UK, run a game on thursdays on Roll20 and play in Curse of Strad on alternate Tuesdays. As for playing with beginners or restricted books that would fine by me too, as a ex-teacher. There are plenty of race/class combos I haven't played. As for flaking, I've had it happen to me as a GM recently so I can promise I will not do that to you. Kind regards, F
I am interested if you still have room ɹƎԀINS‾HƆ┴IM┴#6617
Aidan O. said: Empirical said: Aidan O. said: Hey, I’m a brand new player from UK and this sounds great to me. I’ve never played through any dnd campaigns. I’ve only ever watched groups on YouTube, so I’d love to be involved if you’ll have me :) Beginners def welcome :) If enough are newbies I will limit the books to core only and give you guys room to get your heads around the basics before opening the rest up. The campaign will be one in the old sense of the erm in the game... More just a series of modules rather than the more linear self contained adventure path we see these days with the all in one book type releases. A plus side of this approach will be that people will be able to easily opt in and out between adventures without causing much disruption. Sounds great to me when you get enough people which I suspect you will DM me. I’ll try do reading in the meantime to learn how to actually make a character lol.  If you need help making a character I am happy to jump on discord to help you out. There will be house rules for character creation anyhow. Plus, I do think it's best to know what others are playing before locking your choice in. Anyhow, let me know :)
OK, we have more than enough players here to get this going... I want to run with a table of five so I will take it in the order of posting if that's ok with everyone? People posting after the first five are in 'reserve' and I will definitely ask you if people drop out.
Aiden O Link Kris M Munnin2 Pascal B I would like to invite you all to join me on Discord this coming Monday (31st) so that we can have a 'session 0', just to make sure that we are all looking at the same type of game and whatnot. I will PM you the link tonight or tomorrow. 
Good luck with the game E
Frenchie said: Good luck with the game E In all honesty, it is rare for a pick up game to not need to add players after a week or two. I will send you a PM if so and see if you are still interested.
Thanks - I know what you mean. 
Empirical said: Aiden O Link Kris M Munnin2 Pascal B I would like to invite you all to join me on Discord this coming Monday (31st) so that we can have a 'session 0', just to make sure that we are all looking at the same type of game and whatnot. I will PM you the link tonight or tomorrow.  Sounds like a plan!
Frenchie said: Thanks - I know what you mean.  Hi Frenchie, it seems that Mummin isn't responding to the thread or PMs so if you are still interested there is a spot open.
If he doesn't happen to make it, I've been looking for a Monday night game
Ash D. said: If he doesn't happen to make it, I've been looking for a Monday night game OK, noted. :)
Looks like we might have a spot still open for this if anyone is interested. The first 'session 0' will be tonight on Discord.
A GMT friendly game sounds great, although it is pretty sudden, as I stumbled upon this thread only just now. Meaning I don't have a character prepared for this. Though if we're going to play different modules I guess it wouldn't be too bad if I just threw together something for this one, right?
Avalus said: A GMT friendly game sounds great, although it is pretty sudden, as I stumbled upon this thread only just now. Meaning I don't have a character prepared for this. Though if we're going to play different modules I guess it wouldn't be too bad if I just threw together something for this one, right? I am sorry but you have beat me to the update We are full for the moment now but I will keep you updated.
Alright, no worries
I'm down if you end up needing an extra
I would be interested to joining.
CRIT HAPPENS said: I'm down if you end up needing an extra I will PM if a spot opens :)
GHOSTOFLOKI said: I would be interested to joining. I will PM if a spot opens :)
I know you have a few in reserve already but would you also add me to the list please. I'm UK based and am keen to run through some old adventures, cheers Dusky#4234
Dusky ☣ said: I know you have a few in reserve already but would you also add me to the list please. I'm UK based and am keen to run through some old adventures, cheers Dusky#4234 ok, will do :)

Edited 1643967969
Hi Aiden! I'm a newbie and if you still have free slots for players I would love to join. Timezone is fine with me! We can talk on discord if you would want to ask me anything inuetra #6850