Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for group...interested in learning something that's not 5E

Edited 1643072864
Long time ttrpg player that's played a lot of 5E but interested in something different. I tried returning to Earthdawn recently and it just wasn't for me. So I am interested in exploring others. In the 90s and early 2000's I played a wide variety (World of Darkness, palladium fantasy, Deadlands to name a few) but I am open to anything. Available most days in the evening in US time zones (I stay up late)  unavailable Fridays and Wednesday.
Join my FREE game online TTRPG on Roll20 and Discord called Firewinds of the Seas &nbsp; The world is a vast collection of many medieval islands and many types of cryptid beasts and creatures, but from a young age you have been told horror stories of how the most disgusting race of creatures of all is called the Gort. They invaded and decimated distant lands and now they have made it to the lands of your people. Victims who are captured (both man and beast), are enslaved and then eaten. Some are used to host the Gort larva that will incubate in then devour their hosts alive from the inside out.&nbsp; The time has come for you to set sails and defend your coastal waters and liberate your people from their ships before they suffer this fate. Kill the Gort and steal their treasure to finance your cause. Or take the offensive and raid their homelands and slay their children before they grow into an army that will destroy your entire race. Your God has blessed you with a few spells and prayers to protect you and help you against your enemies, but you will have to fight with your weapons and courage if you want to succeed. With the favor of your lord you might be able to survive or at least kill your share of the Gort so you can die with honor.&nbsp; &nbsp; Hello I am JeffreyJames, &nbsp;I Gm'ed role playing games for about 5 years using my own game system called firewinds. &nbsp; &nbsp; I made my own game system because I wanted a fair and balanced RPG system where everyone could choose how they wanted their character to be built and not be disabled in certain abilities because of arbitrary rules about your class or race. &nbsp;I also wanted a system where magic was not a game breaking weapon. And most of all I wanted a game that was simple and easy to learn for beginners and pros alike. The rules and spell guide is at firewindsoftheseas .com if you need them. &nbsp; When you start, all macros are already made for your character sheet, and all you do is click a button to roll.&nbsp; We play roll20 with discord voice , link is in the game&nbsp; &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/10040039/nj6AOA" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/10040039/nj6AOA</a> &nbsp; When you play your first game you will be a “red shirt''. You will get a low stat character and get to play today ,IT WILL NOT BE a 4 hour "zero secession" of making characters. After you have played a game we can make characters when everyone is not waiting on each other. &nbsp; Please have a human token or jpg image and a name for your character. Something like a&nbsp; viking-samuri-incan-native american-mongolian-hun-roman-greek-zulu-egyption or any pre gunpowder human race.&nbsp; Sorry no furries. &nbsp; If you have a group of 3 or more close friends and a set time when you all meet weekly or bi weekly I can run a free private game for you and your friends. I also play an ongoing pick up game a few times a week whenever we can get a few players. I will message everyone on discord when it starts, or can answer any of your questions there.&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; You can message me on here or on discord FirewindsOfTheSuns#2162 or at OrangeAcresMontana at gmail.com About me : I am 42 and live near Missoula Montana USA , &nbsp;As a GM I like a game to move along and not get too dead while not being a complete railroad but still having structure. I like combat but enjoy some role-playing but that's up to the players. I draw a lot of art and maps to use in my games. I use pre drawn maps and whiteboard a lot of my adventures. I enjoy openworld gaming so you can create part of the adventure and story.&nbsp; I watched all of "adventure zone", "demonac: tales for my dnd campaign", and "harmon quest" and it inspired me to spend a year animating one secession of my space-western game. You can watch it on youtube called "firewinds of the suns" if you want to see my Gm style.&nbsp;&nbsp;
I'm looking for players to join my fallout campaign. It's an 18 plus game that will show the darker sides of humanity.&nbsp;