Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Quick Macro Bar Quit Working

Edited 1643161748
So a player who has used her macro bar for attacks and inititave all of a sudden could no longer use. When clicked on the macro button it doesn't do anything, if clicked on a few times in a row it will show her username in chat, but no roll. I dissabled Show macro quick bar, and reenabled, restarted the game multiple times. Deleted all macros and dragged them back in. Dragging down Initiative into macro bar does work. I have tried every one of her weapons and none of them work. When I drag to macro bar and up arrow to see the command it says: %{Koteme|repeating_attack_-MVdeZ3x5BN2dDhuafsU_attack}   Koteme is the character name. Any ideas?
Snapshot of dragging weapon into quick macro bar
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Two notes: 1) If the chat is not accurately displaying results (or displaying any results at all, you may have a  corrupted Chat Archive. A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by  clearing the Chat Archive  (note: not  clearing your current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it. 2)  1) If there is an issue in dragging the button itself (I initially misread, but dangit, I typed this all out): Try re-sizing your character sheet window so that the bottom of the window does not overlap the actual macro bar. Quite some time ago, Roll20 changed the action of dragging the buttons (I believe in order to support folks who work with popped out windows, but it may have had something to do with mobile/tablet users). In any case, it's hard to tell from your screen shot whether you are dragging to the bottom of the sheet window (correct) or the bottom of the VTT/macro bar (incorrect).
@Keithcurtis There is no issue in dragging it in. It shows up with the wierd text as usual and just rename it to what it is. It drops into the quick macro bar just fine it just doesnt work. The screen shot was just to represent how I am dragging it onto the new macro quick bar. I went to gear icon, Text Chat Options and clicked Clear Current Chat Log. Same results.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
What happens if you change the name to something that doesn't have () in it?  Not sure if that is an issue here, but sometimes using "control" characters in macros as part of a name can cause strange behavior.
Intiative works when dragging to macro bar. Rolling from Sheet works fine, but when drag the weapon to quick macro bar, the same way I did Initiative, get the blanks in chat and no roll.
I changed the name in the macro bar, same issue.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Is hers the only sheet that does this?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Carly R. said: I changed the name in the macro bar, same issue. I meant changing the name on the character sheet.  I don't think it matters what you have on the quick bar.
She is the only player that uses macros. My monster macros work just fine. I will try to change the name of character sheet. 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
IJoker said: She is the only player that uses macros. My monster macros work just fine. I will try to change the name of character sheet.  It is worth a shot.  At one point, I had an issues like that when having a space before or after the name also, but I can't recreate that in testing, so that must not cause problems anymore.  I suppose the worst case scenario is that something is somehow corrupted in that sheet.  You could try creating a duplicate in case that fixes whatever is wrong (from inside the edit version of the sheet).  Otherwise, that character may need to be recreated on a fresh sheet.
Huh ya I changed the name in the character sheet and now works. Interesting. Thank you Kraynic.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Possibility to check, then: see if there is another sheet using the old name. Check in Archived characters as well.
keithcurtis said: Possibility to check, then: see if there is another sheet using the old name. Check in Archived characters as well. I did make another token for the map page and i used same name, Koteme, so it would auto focus to Koteme's location and ping the map. I decided to not have all characters on the map, just one person would move the 'generic Koteme' icon for the party.  Good to know, I dont think it caused problems right away, it seemed to be fine for a couple of sessions then started causing the macro not to work. Thank you for the help.