Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for Player - Grimdark Horror 5e Game

Need a player for our D&D 5e game. We play every other week. It is a Grimdark horror game, that is also Homebrew.  The game is free to play. We play tonight starting at 7pm UK time.  The game is set in the homebrew continent of Aytheris, a dark land full of untold horrors.  From its dark, deep and forbidding forests where horrible beasts lurk, to the hulking and impenetrable mountain ranges where lost legacies lie, the landscape of Aytheris is something to behold. Some may find, however, that the true monsters of this land can be found in the towns and cities where all cling to survival. Large swaths of Aytheris are shrouded in darkness, supernatural or otherwise.  In the farthest north, beyond the mountain range known as the Ice Crown, lies the Frozen Vale. Home to the Northern Tribes, bands of ever warring humanoid tribes, the clans of towering Giants, vicious Orcs and the ever illusive Snow Elves. It is here the sun is hidden for half of the year in the natural progression of the seasons. It is no surprise, also, that the deep halls of the Dwarven Kingdom of Vindholm are plunged into a permeating darkness, only fought back by the magical glowing braziers of the great undercity.  But the darkness shrouding the land of Corsus is more sinister and magical in origin, and the forests of the Province of Tolvan, the dense mist that covers the land is said to be the work of the feared Widow, the Spider Queen of the Webwood. It will be horror themed and as such will face mature themes and situations that might are designed to at least scare your characters.  We ask that those joining come into the game with the mindset that although as a player, you are nice and snug in your home, your character will not be.  We are wanting players who can invest in their characters and are willing to engage with the other players and the world around them. We don't want hack and slash power gamers, who are only in it for the combat, we want people who enjoy the roleplaying aspects of this game. Level of experience with TTRPGs is not a deciding factor, new players are welcome, we just want you to be invested in the story and your character. A big part I must include is we require whoever joins to be LGTB friendly. I, the GM, am a woman, and one of the players is my partner of 5 years.  Sessions will be held on Discord. If this sounds like something you are interested in please PM me with the following information: Preferred name:  (whether it be nickname or your actual name). Experience:  (I know it is not a factor, I just want to know if you are new to the game or not). Favourite Horror film/book/game or subgenre of horror:  Character Concept:  (Just a little idea of what you are thinking of playing)

Edited 1643206180
Preferred name:  Tilo, actual name. Experience:  I am playing and game mastering for over 25 years now, mostly played World Of Darkness, Call Of Cthulhu and D&D. Take a look at my Roll20 profile or lets have a discord chat if you want to know more. Favourite Horror film/book/game or subgenre of horror: Film - Hereditary, Book - The Stand, Game - Soma Character Concept:  That will depend on the rest of the group but I usually lean towards classes with a nice combination for flavor and utility, propably a Cleric or Druid! IMPORTANT: I saw you are playing every other week, starting this week. Sadly I would have time only every other week starting next week. Its difficult for me to find a game that fits my time schedule so I thought I gonna try and apply anyway! Also I am a huge fan of horror themes, so I just have to try ;)
1. Jay 2. 6 years of playing dnd 5e 3. Frankenstein The book I have several character concepts. A creative character concept that I've made before is a yuan-ti pureblood circle of the moon druid. She was a cannibal because she believed that by consuming the bodies of the people who suffered in life to better be able to understand and emphasize with people as she did not understand certain emotions due to her suffering from antisocial personality disorder. She has a strange fixation with people who suffered greatly because to her, people like that are made to reveal their true selves. Thos that don't succumb to despair are truly beautiful because it represents strength and tenacity. She wanted to eat these people to become beautiful herself. My second character concept is an fallen aasimar paladin/warlock. My character tends to be feared and disapproved of because of their dark, evil father . Also, they are accepted among fallen aasimar however, my character was shunned by the celestials, including their own mother who sees my character as their greatest shame. As such my character has internalized all of the negative attention she has recieved from others, namely the celestials. She snapped, murdering her mother for calling her an abomination and a mistake. When my character was to be executed for her crimes, her father, a fallen aasimar warlord, gave her his legendary sword that he used to slaughter one hundred men in one night in exchange for her servitude. My character complied and used the sword to escape. She now works to slaughter all of the celestials that outcasted her. She would be either a hexblade warlock or an oathbreaker/vengeance paladin, or a combination of the two.