Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for 1d100 with Advantage

Edited 1643210526
Hello all I was wondering if some knew a macro for the following: 1d100 Advantage It is a 1d100 percentile system where low is better. With 1d100 Advantage you roll two TENs dice, choosing the lowest (i.e. the best) result of the two, rolled.  The trouble is, whilst I can do /roll 2d100, I don't know what to change to roll the 2 TENS dice and 1 Units die, at the same time. Thank you EDIT: And if possible, macros that  inform the player the quality of their attempt: Astounding  Attempt (equal to or lower than the difficulty number with doubles        Example: difficulty 59, results of 55, 44, 33, etc Standard  Attempt (equal to or lower than the difficulty number)                                Example: difficulty 59, results of 38, etc Mediocre  Attempt (within three points either way of the difficulty)                             Example: 59, result of 57, 58, 59, 60, and 61 Poor  Attempt (greater than the difficulty number)                                                      Example: 59, results of 62, 73, etc Disastrous  Attempt (greater than the difficulty number with doubles)                      Example: 59, results of 66, 77, 88, etc I realise that might be beyond the capabilities of Roll20 but I thought I'd ask just in case. 
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Try this: [[[[({1d10,1d10}kl1-1)*10]]+[[1d10]]]] You can test that with this line, to see what is happening (so that you trust it): $[[0.computed]] + $[[1.computed]] = [[[[({1d10,1d10}kl1-1)*10]]+[[1d10]]]] That would let you hover each part to see how it was constructed. Then you could obviously reverse the kl1 mechanic with a kh1 mechanic for disadvantage if you wanted to put that in a roll query to pick (with appropriate substitutions for being in a roll query): ?{Advantage?|Standard,[[1d100]]|Advantage,[[[[({1d10,1d10}kl1-1)*10]]+[[1d10]]]]|Disadvantage,[[[[({1d10,1d10}kh1-1)*10]]+[[1d10]]]]}
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
As for your edit reporting the results to the player, you'd need an API script for that (a Pro-perk). I don't see the Pro badge to your account; are you playing in a game owned by a Pro subscriber?

Edited 1643214825
Hi Tim, thank you for the reply.  Unfortunately, the above scripts only roll a single d10 for Standard and when choosing Advantage or Disadvantage. I would like for the players to be able to see the correct amount of dice roll across the screen.  No, I'm not a pro subscriber, and neither are my friends. I just thought it might have been possible on the free subscription.   EDIT: Basically, I would like to copy into Roll20 the Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition dice rolling mechanism with its bonus and penalty dice
Have you looked at the official CoC 7e character sheet @Mark? It has the functionality for Hard & Extreme results as well as Bonus & Penalty built into it. If that's what you're looking for.
Hi Dave, Are you saying a character sheet macro can be used without the character sheet? 

Edited 1643231305
Dave
Pro
I've posted the macro syntax for it in another thread here -&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10645806/how-to-add-extreme-success-failure-solid-success-and-regular-success-on-call-of-chtullu-macro/?pageforid=10645915#post-10645915" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10645806/how-to-add-extreme-success-failure-solid-success-and-regular-success-on-call-of-chtullu-macro/?pageforid=10645915#post-10645915</a> You should be able to re-appropriate it.

Edited 1643233630
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Mark said: Hi Dave, Are you saying a character sheet macro can be used without the character sheet?&nbsp; Most likely you would need to be using that sheet in your game.&nbsp; The dice roller is fairly basic and can only do certain things, but you can add more specific mechanics by coding some logic into a character sheet roll template.&nbsp; You basically need to be using a sheet that has that logic built into the roll template, or you need a pro subscription for access to the api (to use something like "ScriptCards" for example) to be able to extend the capabilities of the dice roller to get the exact mechanics you are after. Edit:&nbsp; Without doing either of those, you might be looking at running this like you would in real life.&nbsp; Roll 3 d10 dice as separate rolls, allways treat the last one as the ones, and the first one as the default 10's die unless you are using your advantage/disadvantage mechanic, in which case you would choose which of those 2 gets used for the 10's.
Dave said: I've posted the macro syntax for it in another thread here -&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10645806/how-to-add-extreme-success-failure-solid-success-and-regular-success-on-call-of-chtullu-macro/?pageforid=10645915#post-10645915" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10645806/how-to-add-extreme-success-failure-solid-success-and-regular-success-on-call-of-chtullu-macro/?pageforid=10645915#post-10645915</a> You should be able to re-appropriate it. Thanks for that Dave, unfortunately, I can't make it work.&nbsp;
Kraynic said: Mark said: Hi Dave, Are you saying a character sheet macro can be used without the character sheet?&nbsp; Most likely you would need to be using that sheet in your game.&nbsp; The dice roller is fairly basic and can only do certain things, but you can add more specific mechanics by coding some logic into a character sheet roll template.&nbsp; You basically need to be using a sheet that has that logic built into the roll template, or you need a pro subscription for access to the api (to use something like "ScriptCards" for example) to be able to extend the capabilities of the dice roller to get the exact mechanics you are after. Edit:&nbsp; Without doing either of those, you might be looking at running this like you would in real life.&nbsp; Roll 3 d10 dice as separate rolls, allways treat the last one as the ones, and the first one as the default 10's die unless you are using your advantage/disadvantage mechanic, in which case you would choose which of those 2 gets used for the 10's. That's the thing, I'd much rather not have to use the character sheet because it isn't Cthulhu 7ed I'm using.&nbsp;