Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Cloud Archiving - 5e OGL D&D

Hi Rollers! When I restore an archived item, it does not go back into the folder it was archived from, instead, it ends all the way on the bottom. Have I misunderstood something? I have the following notes written about "Cloud Archiving" You make use of [Handout] but you don't want the handouts to take up space in the journal. Right-click and archive that bad boy, and you and the players can still access it. Make a separate folder for all your archived handouts, and once you restore it it will find it's way back into the folder, and you save time trying to find it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Where do those notes come from? That doesn't sound like official documentation and does not accurately describe how Roll20 archiving works. I don't think you have misunderstood anything; it's more likely you have been misinformed.
I cannot remember if it was from a post here on Roll20 or the <a href="http://WWW" rel="nofollow">WWW</a>. I just copy-pasted the information so I would remember myself to store them in a specific folder before archiving them. Sadly, they don't return to the folder they were archived from, but I can see both the good and bad in this. Thanks for the comment Keith! :-)