Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][LFGM][D&D5e][Paid][Homebrew][18+][Weekly][Experienced DM]The World of Gaian

Edited 1645833814
I’m looking for players and game masters to join my homebrew world, The World of Gaian. Gaian is a world with thousands of years of history in game time and twenty years of history in real life time.&nbsp; The world is plagued by a magical cataclysm that destroys the surface of the planet every two-thousand years, forcing the surface inhabitants to flee to the deep (a system of tunnels that run deep within the world) to escape certain death.&nbsp; The world is currently on its thirteenth cycle (twelve cataclysms have passed) as the present societies continue to grow and thrive, not fully knowing the danger that’s to come. The campaign storylines follow a narrative that the players can heavily impact with their decisions, dictating how the story plays out and what NPCs might live or die.&nbsp; More information about the world and various storylines can be found on my Discord. *Note: In addition to World of Gaian content, we are currently recruiting to run a "Curse of Strahd" game. About Me I’ve been playing D&amp;D for close to thirty years, primarily as a Dungeon Master.&nbsp; For most of that time, I’ve designed and run my own world on a weekly basis.&nbsp; I’ve been running games professionally for about two years and I run nine weekly games of varying storylines.&nbsp; I’ve also worked in the video game industry and for Wizards of the Coast. I’ve been using Roll20 for about seven years and am very familiar with the platform. In addition to D&amp;D (2nd&nbsp;through 5th), I’ve run Pathfinder, Dungeon World, Gurps, Star Wars, Shadowrun, and Amber (though admittedly, my knowledge and experience running these is much more limited compared to D&amp;D). &nbsp;I love storytelling and game design, often trying to come up with new and unique mechanics to make the games I’m running more enjoyable and immersive.&nbsp; I love both the storytelling and game aspects of D&amp;D and find the best games to be ones where these aspects are both utilized to their fullest. My philosophy towards game design is to create challenging but enjoyable experiences where players can express themselves but still be constrained by the dangers of an immersive world. I believe in not just empowering individuals, but encouraging teamwork where skills are combined to creatively overcome challenges. I believe a good D&amp;D game is facilitated best through teamwork and friendship, employing skills that can often carry over into the real world. At the end of the day, my job is to provide a fun experience for each player and the table as a whole.&nbsp; My Style I like to define my style as structured sandbox.&nbsp; I have events taking place in the world which I insert players into to see how they change things. I don't believe in creating set solutions to obstacles, rather, I create the obstacles and let players approach them using their skills and abilities.&nbsp; For me, D&amp;D is a game about problem-solving using resources, skills, and creativity to find effective solutions to your problems.&nbsp; Creativity and teamwork are key to not only overcoming obstacles, but overcoming them in a way where you can change the world for the better (or fill your pockets with gold, your choice).&nbsp; Suspension of disbelief is important to me, so I'm constantly trying to balance a believable world with fun gameplay.&nbsp; I want my players to feel immersed by the world and their RP, but I also want them to feel challenged by the gameplay aspects.&nbsp; When designing, I'm constantly balancing these factors against one another to try to create an immersive, challenging experience that players will enjoy in the moment and talk about later. Combat is important in my games, but there is also value to skills and RP ability as those can have a huge impact on the story. I try to reward creativity, as long as what is being attempted is something a character can do given their skill-set.&nbsp; I feel it’s important to balance gameplay aspects and abilities with the “rule of cool” outlook.&nbsp; I want players to be creative with their abilities and resources, but what they’re attempting should also make sense given the skills and resources of their character. The World Gaian is a world strongly connected to the flows of magic that is constantly undergoing change. The world is plagued by arcane fires that ravage the surface every two-thousand years, completely destroying anything in their wake.&nbsp;&nbsp;To save themselves, the races of the surface flee into the depths of Gaian, waiting for a time when they can re-emerge and rebuild their fallen empires.&nbsp;&nbsp;This destruction has created time periods known as cycles in which great civilizations rise and fall.&nbsp;&nbsp;Perhaps one day a hero will put a stop to these cataclysms, saving Gaian from these devastating cycles of destruction. The world of Gain is a deep, rich setting that's about 20 years old (real time).&nbsp; As such, it has a lot of history spanning thousands of years with the rise and fall of many civilizations whose ruins can still be found deep underground or in abandon areas of the world.&nbsp; Players will not only adventure within the world, but their decisions may come to shape society for decades to come. Game Info This game will require a payment be made to the Game Master through Paypal and p ayments are collected on a monthly basis. Games start at $15 per session, but may be more depending on the time slot demand and the age of the game.&nbsp; For more information on payments and available games, ask me or see the information section of my discord. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. LFG Listing:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/220938/trouble-at-chaur-base-game" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/220938/trouble-at-chaur-base-game</a> Paid GMs I’m interested in bringing on more GMs to help with the demand for games in the World of Gaian.&nbsp; If you’d be interested in running games in my homebrew world, send me a friend invite on Discord. I will let you DM using your style, but I do want all stories to take place within the World of Gaian. Twitch Viewing If you’d like to watch/join me during some of my games, I have a channel on Twitch: <a href="https://www.twitch.tv/dm_ravenx" rel="nofollow">https://www.twitch.tv/dm_ravenx</a> Contact Me If you’re interested in joining the game, the best way to get in contact is to send me an invite on discord (DMRaven#2692).&nbsp; I can also be reached through messaging on this site, though that method could take me longer to get back to you.
Looking to fill spots for multiple games taking place during the following times (all times are PST) Monday - Sunday: 7am - 10pm* *Note that games take place at different times between these hours and games are three hours each.