Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG][D&D 5e/PF 1e] Forever DM looking to step out from behind the screen and play

For most of my tabletop career I've been the DM. I like building crazy worlds and telling stories and it's been a lot of fun. But I've very rarely been able to play any of the characters I've designed. Now that my last campaign is done with I wanna relax and just play as a player again. My work has presented the greatest obstacle to this because I am not reliably available before 6 or 7 central on weekdays and can't play after midnight Sun-Thurs. Still, figured I'd throw my hat in the ring. In terms of playstyle I like to play offbeat wizards. I always prioritize fluff over crunch and tend to try and reflavor things to suit a concept (like changing magic missile into shooting bottle rockets, or hold person as conjuring an ethereal chain to bind the target rather than just paralyzing the target, sleep conjuring a cloud of sleeping gas, that sort of thing). Character backstory is usually 1-2 paragraphs. I have primarily played Pathfinder 1e with a few sessions of 5e under my belt. I'm new to actually using roll20 because it didn't mesh well with my DMing style and I've never actually been a player in a campaign here before.
I'm also a forever DM so I feel you on that. I know it's not what you're looking for, but I'm looking for players to play a fallout campaign. It's a very macabre setting, and will be a lot darker than most games, being in an apocalypse setting. If you might be interested the games will be Saturday's 1:00 p.m. Pacific standard Time and last four and a half hours, give or take
If you interested in a tongue-cheek silly power fantasy game, i can suggest my game, if your still up for a game: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10658682/lf2p-free-pf-gmt-plus-1-english-tales-of-a-gods-demise-weekly-silly-power-fantasy" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10658682/lf2p-free-pf-gmt-plus-1-english-tales-of-a-gods-demise-weekly-silly-power-fantasy</a> No telling what will happen. I have GMed on and off for over 9 years at this point, so i'd say i got some skill to an extend. But the game is very lax with the rules, so as a seasoned GM that might not be your thing. Regardless, the offer is placed.
I run 3.5 homebrew but if you know PF, you know 3.5 well enough to jump in. I have a couple of groups that might suit you. taibhsear#7908