Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP]-[OSR/KNAVE]-[FREE]-[WEEKENDS]-[18+] - Rakehell - A GrimDark campaign set in a 'No man's land' where the wretched and fuckups are being sent to die.

Edited 1643368545
THE RIFT OF MAR-MILLOIR  will always be contested between two  kingdoms,  though neither will ever have the means or desire to enforce  that claim with true rulership.  Each year, the representative courtiers will send spies and assassins to one another’s court, to beguile, berate, and suffer further insult to see the conflict never ends. No one goes to Mar-Milloir who has a choice, it is a wretched and perfidious region of serpent-haunted mountains, wayward Nephilim, and heretical holdouts who refuse the reformation of the Grand Heliopapacy of the Cathedral Tempestuous. You have been sent here, if not to die then to profit your betters. You are a blaggard, a knave, a blackguard, a rakehell, and an out-and-out scoundrel; whether you desire such a title or otherwise. Survive. Change your fickle fortunes. Take the Rift for your own. Praise be to the Sun and those who have inherited its grace; with ambition enough, you may be among them. SATURDAYS - 19:00 (GMT+2) - VOICE/DISCORD [ KNAVE - 18+ ]

Edited 1643231155
About Knave Knave is a rules toolkit for running old school fantasy RPG’s without classes. High compatibility with OSR games  – if you have a library of OSR bestiaries, adventure and spell books, little or no conversion is needed to use them with Knave. Fast to teach, easy to run  – if you are introducing a group of new players to OSR games, Knave allows them to make characters and understand all the rules in minutes. No classes  –   every PC is a Knave, a tomb-raiding, adventure-seeking ne’er-do-well who wields a spell book just as easily as a blade. This is an ideal system for players who like to switch up their character’s focus from time to time and don’t like being pigeonholed. Abilities are king  – all d20 rolls use the six standard abilities. The way that ability scores and bonuses work has also been cleaned up, rationalized, and made consistent with how other systems like armor work. Optional player-facing rolls  – Knave easily accommodates referees who want the players to do all the rolling. Switching between the traditional shared-rolling model and players-only rolling can be done effortlessly on the fly.

Edited 1643281373
Old-School-Revival is about... Stripping away rules and making games simpler. Quick and random character generation. Being able to play a whole scenario in just one evening. Making roleplaying less pretentious. Reducing the emphasis on combat mechanics. Reducing power levels of adventuring parties. Decreasing abstraction and using suitable game mechanics wherever necessary. Roleplaying games that do not require high levels of commitment. Random monsters, hit locations and armor values.
Why 18+ only? The campaign presents a dark atmosphere with violent and somewhat realistic combat. Players will meet questionably moral NPCs and will need to make hard choices between the lesser of two/three evils. The good are sometimes evil, the evil are sometimes humane and monsters are freakishly terrifying.
Hello, I have been looking for games in different systems and this sounds intriguing. I would be interested in learning more.
Hey Bren, In that case you came to the right place/group :) Is there anything in particular you would like to know? Join us here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/10387777/Vbozbg" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/10387777/Vbozbg</a>
I was wondering about how long you planned each session to last.&nbsp;
Roughly 2-3 hours can be shorter or longer depending on the group's preference.
I'd be interested in joining up if you still have room...
Hey Krag, Sure :) Welcome aboard <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/10387777/Vbozbg" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/10387777/Vbozbg</a>
2 more players and we're ready to Kick-Ass! Join us!
Welcome to Rakehell Here's a few links you might find interesting: 1.&nbsp; Knave &nbsp;- A super simple and rules light system -&nbsp; Here's a good overview . 2. Although creating characters in Knave is super simple, i've created several premade character that players will be able to select if they want. 3. About the&nbsp; OSR mindset and why it's so fun . 4. If you have any question about the game feel free to ask :)
Is this meant to be weekly or every other week? I would be interested, but I could only do the latter due to other commitments.
My hope was to play every weekend. But i think it would be challenging to some of us, so for those who can play every two weeks, i can find an alternating characters solution. Or we can find something that works for sure :)
If it were sunday, I could join every week. Further questions: 1.) Is there a written version of the rule set provideable? Never played this one. 2.) What is the tech level of the setting? 3.) Which creatures would be suitable for PCs?

Edited 1643546909
Yeah, Sunday is a little tricky for me :) 1. Roll20 doesn't allow to put external links here for some reason. Put this in your search engine "I put Knave on 1 sheet of paper for all your "Emergency OSR Session" needs." and select the reddit link. Someone condensed the roles into a single page. I think it'll give a good understanding of the system (Which is extremely simple). 2. Similar to 15th Century Europe +/-. 3. By creatures you mean races? In that case, only Humans from diverse cultures. If you mean creatures as Monsters, so imagine things that are so terrifying so alien and so bizarre that humans don't even have songs/stories about.