Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] [Firefly] Anyone interested in a Firefly themed campaign?

Holy Mother of God and All Her Wacky Nephews I'm putting out feelers to see if there is anyone interested in playing a Firefly-themed campaign. Been itching to run a Firefly-themed game again, a form of gritty grungy space opera of sorts. At this point, I have ideas, I have devious plans, I just need to see if there is anyone interested.  We're talkin' 'bout real rip-roarin', hell-fire, and damnation fun. When would we start?   No idea.  Depends on interest.  If there's enough solid interest, I'll start putting together the game location. Possible Day of the Week to game:   Monday, Tues, or Wed evenings (weekly or every other week) Time Zone and Possible Starting Times: Central Standard Time, starting between 6pm and 7pm (CST).   Length of time per game:   3 hrs (give or take a little bit depending on where we are in the game) Numbers of players :  4 (min) - 6 (max) Type of Media:  Voice is a must.  I'd love to do a game where we use cameras, but it's not a must.  I know some people are skittish about being seen in their natural habitat. System:   Honestly, Not sure if I want to use Cortex, Fate, or something else.  Always open to suggestions on a possible system that will accommodate the core basics of the Firefly Universe and geese juggling. Either respond to this topic if you are interested or you can PM me.
I'm very interested.  The time slots work well for me (MST) though I'd prefer Tuesday or Wednesday.  Never played Cortex or Fate but I'm willing to learn and willing to do anything other than 5e.  Hope this gains traction!
Would have loved to have taken off back into the black. Been years since I played in a Firefly game. But I live in the UK and the start time is midnight for us over here. So to late for little me :(
I'd love to join in on this. I like Fate and both versions of Cortex. Monday is the only one of those nights I could make work though.
Hunter S said: I'm very interested.  The time slots work well for me (MST) though I'd prefer Tuesday or Wednesday.  Never played Cortex or Fate but I'm willing to learn and willing to do anything other than 5e.  Hope this gains traction! Does Monday work for you at all or is it more unworkable?  Granted, nothing is set in stone yet.  :)
Fey said: Would have loved to have taken off back into the black. Been years since I played in a Firefly game. But I live in the UK and the start time is midnight for us over here. So to late for little me :( Well drat drat drat!  :(  Would love to include you but as you say, it's a little on the late side, where we wouldn't get done until 3am your time.  That's not fair to you.
mark m. said: I'd love to join in on this. I like Fate and both versions of Cortex. Monday is the only one of those nights I could make work though. Mark, why do I get a sense we've crossed each others paths before?  I see you are a Dresden fan by your icon.  I love Dresden and have the gaming books, etc.    Would love to have you but we'll have to see the time others are able to make that work for the majority. Again, this is still in the planning phase t see if people are even interested. :)
You have My interest sir I am a 30 year old Aussie trying to get back into my RPing ways. I would recommend looking into the Stars Without Number system as it should cover everything you want in a space based Firefly game. DM me if you still have a spot open please. "We all need an escape from reality at some point, just to keep ourselves sane" Dan The Madman
GoonieBroad said: Hunter S said: I'm very interested.  The time slots work well for me (MST) though I'd prefer Tuesday or Wednesday.  Never played Cortex or Fate but I'm willing to learn and willing to do anything other than 5e.  Hope this gains traction! Does Monday work for you at all or is it more unworkable?  Granted, nothing is set in stone yet.  :) Monday does work if it started at like 5 or 6 CST. 
GoonieBroad said: Fey said: Would have loved to have taken off back into the black. Been years since I played in a Firefly game. But I live in the UK and the start time is midnight for us over here. So to late for little me :( Well drat drat drat!  :(  Would love to include you but as you say, it's a little on the late side, where we wouldn't get done until 3am your time.  That's not fair to you. If it could start 1-2 hours earlier then I could make that work. I'm a night owl and often am up late. But starting a game at midnight is just to late even for me. If the time does change to an earlier one please let me know. My free days are Tue, Wed, Thur, and Fri I've only played both versions of the Serenity and Firefly Core rules (be it more with one than the other. Never touched Fate before. But I do think SWADE (Savage Worlds) could work as well. With some common sense used to keep it themed as with anything.
GoonieBroad said: mark m. said: I'd love to join in on this. I like Fate and both versions of Cortex. Monday is the only one of those nights I could make work though. Mark, why do I get a sense we've crossed each others paths before?  I see you are a Dresden fan by your icon.  I love Dresden and have the gaming books, etc.    Would love to have you but we'll have to see the time others are able to make that work for the majority. Again, this is still in the planning phase t see if people are even interested. :) We very well might have, your icon does look familiar. And of course, Just saying which one of the days/times you listed works personally.
Yup, I still have space.  I'll put you on the list. Madman said: You have My interest sir I am a 30 year old Aussie trying to get back into my RPing ways. I would recommend looking into the Stars Without Number system as it should cover everything you want in a space based Firefly game. DM me if you still have a spot open please. "We all need an escape from reality at some point, just to keep ourselves sane" Dan The Madman
GoonieBroad said: Yup, I still have space.  I'll put you on the list. Madman said: You have My interest sir I am a 30 year old Aussie trying to get back into my RPing ways. I would recommend looking into the Stars Without Number system as it should cover everything you want in a space based Firefly game. DM me if you still have a spot open please. "We all need an escape from reality at some point, just to keep ourselves sane" Dan The Madman Thanks and please add me on discord if you need me before hand for anything Gra'ave#9792
Hey ya'all, I sent out a quick google form survey to those that have expressed an interest to date.  If you would take a minute to fill it out, I hope it'll help me find a time that works best for everyone.