Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rollable Table Macro for drawing cards from a Deck?

I'm SUPER unfamiliar with how to create macros, so apologies if this is a silly question.  If I were to make a rollable table, for say, Deck of Many Things, and I wanted to make a macro that could ask the players how many cards they want to draw, is that possible? Like, I know you can do /roll 1t[Table] and it will roll an option from the table. Is there a way to have it query how many cards will be drawn? Instead of them clicking it X times for how many cards they want to draw, it would roll 2 or 5 or 10 at once? I don't want to have to worry about repeats, is why I ask.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
You should start with a Roll Query and see how that works for you.&nbsp; <a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360037773133-Dice-Reference#DiceReference-RollQueries" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360037773133-Dice-Reference#DiceReference-RollQueries</a>
Gold
Forum Champion
Kyle, have you considered using Roll20's Card Decks feature instead of Rollable Tables? What led you to want to use Rollable Tables? That last sentence of yours, is really one of the core differences between Rollable Tables vs Card Decks, in roll20's current implementation. The rollable table WILL return duplicative results (even if you "draw" [[roll]] 5 at once, that 5 could easily contain duplicates within it).&nbsp; The Card Deck, by comparison, is limited to either 1 copy of each card, or "infinite" copies of each card -- a choice available to the GM-deckbuilder in roll20's card deck settings. For that reason, I suggest Card Decks, although the feature lacks some desireable card functionality at this time. By the way also there is (more than one) Deck Of Many Things created as a purchaseable product in Roll20 Marketplace, as a roll20 Card Deck. Kyle W. said: I'm SUPER unfamiliar with how to create macros, so apologies if this is a silly question.&nbsp; If I were to make a rollable table, for say, Deck of Many Things, and I wanted to make a macro that could ask the players how many cards they want to draw, is that possible? Like, I know you can do /roll 1t[Table] and it will roll an option from the table. Is there a way to have it query how many cards will be drawn? Instead of them clicking it X times for how many cards they want to draw, it would roll 2 or 5 or 10 at once? I don't want to have to worry about repeats, is why I ask.