Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Zooming and Scrolling causes bizarre map issues

Detailed Description of the Problem:&nbsp; Slides exhibit bizarre issues while zooming and scrolling. One issue causes the slide's actual "size" to be altered, making it longer from top to bottom than it should be. You can even interact with these fake areas of the map. Also, larger slide sizes cause the an issue where scrolling up and down at the maximum zoom level will sometimes cause the map to disappear until scrolled back up. Expected behavior: Altering zoom level should not alter the size of the slide. Scrolling up and down at further zoom levels should halt the page at the furthest extremity, rather than removing the map from the screen by scrolling down too far. Video description: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAyR9-p7qws" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAyR9-p7qws</a> Steps to Reproduce the Problem: Try zooming out to 30% on the default map size, and scrolling up and down either with the mousewheel or the scrollbars. Try adjusting the map size to a larger map, and testing scrolling at various zoom levels. Description of Your Setup (Browser + Version, Operating System, etc.): System Info: Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Web Browser Chrome 25.0.1364.172 Screen Resolution 1366 x 768 Browser Size 1366 x 667 Color Depth Enabled Javascript 32 bit Flash Version 11.6.602 Cookies Enabled &nbsp; &nbsp;
Gauss
Forum Champion
Thank you for the bug report, this is a known issue and there has been a bug report filed on it previously. I will update you when it is fixed. :) - Gauss
Ah, thanks, Gauss. :) Perhaps it would help to have a stickied list of known bugs to avoid duplicates? I skimmed the first page but saw no reports on this issue.
Gauss
Forum Champion
No worries, reposting like this is a good thing. There have been times where a bug report that was filed got new (and valuable) information from a repost like this. I think you are the first one to document this bug with a video. Thank you for that. :) - Gauss
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
Alex R. said: Ah, thanks, Gauss. :) Perhaps it would help to have a stickied list of known bugs to avoid duplicates? I skimmed the first page but saw no reports on this issue. +1 I wish there was a list of bugs being worked on and new features being worked on. &nbsp;It would make me want to become a subscriber or Mentor for sure, but most stuff seems to be a bit secret except for paying customers so I sit on the side lines for now. :(