Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hide dark mode toggle

Score + 58
Would love an option to hide the toggle in the options menu, or to move the toggle off the page and into the menu.  Feels kind of pointless to have a button clogging up the play screen that you'll only use a few times a year!
Calistocrates
Marketplace Creator
YES! GOD! How the **** do you **** this up? HIDE IT! It's useless clutter! The darkmode itself is an eyesore too, which is an impressive achievement in the pursuit of the dumbest software development screwups.
Please move the control to Settings: Personalization and Display. It should not be taking up valuable space on the table top.
Gold
Forum Champion
Please also add your Comments and Vote +1 onto the ongoing Dark Mode (Roll20 is Too Bright!) thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6835578/dark-mode-roll20-so-bright/?pageforid=10728515#post-10728515" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6835578/dark-mode-roll20-so-bright/?pageforid=10728515#post-10728515</a> Since the Roll20 Development Team is interacting with that thread, hopefully that will help bring your request to light
I don't mind the new dark mode (it helps with mood-lighting for my horror campaign), but I'd agree with the OP. It'd save screen space by being in the settings tab, I think; right now the toggle is sort of distracting.
I like having the option but it absolutely does not belong on the playfield. Put it in options.
Yes, the Dark Mode option toggle should be within the Settings cogwheel, not on the game space.
Dark mode: Useful. Dark mode toggle current placement: Not useful. I understand wanting the new feature to be publicized so that players who don't read changelogs and just log in to their games can find out about it. But can there be an option in the settings to move the toggle?
Why this isn't in the settings page is beyond me. It is a setting, not something you'll change often. Let us hide the button so we can focus on the game.
Sadly, I do anticipate switching modes several times per session, because, although I like Dark Mode in principle, there are still several instances in which I need to turn Light Mode on in order for text to be readable. Once Dark Mode is in its finished form, I agree with this Suggestion.
Sarah R. Cohen said: Sadly, I do anticipate switching modes several times per session, because, although I like Dark Mode in principle, there are still several instances in which I need to turn Light Mode on in order for text to be readable. Once Dark Mode is in its finished form, I agree with this Suggestion. Try using default text color. It seems to automatically swap default blacks to whites in dark mode.
Only way I've found to hide it is to inspect and delete the entire element it's attached to. That said, I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to stuff like this. &lt;label class="dark-mode-switch"&gt; Deleting that whole label will remove it until the webpage is reloaded.
+1 please remove it from the tabletop and put it under settings.
As a temporary work around you can hide the switch/button using the stylus extension for Chrome (probably works for Firefox). The code to hide the button is: .dark-mode-switch { display: none !important; }
Thanks for the dark mode option. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels it needs to be in settings and not on the game space. Please put it in settings
Is this STILL not done? WTF? Why does my Roll20 keep STARTING in Dark Mode when I have turned it off? Fix it already!
+1 Please place the Dark Mode switch in the My Settings section and PLEASE stop Roll20 from loading in Dark Mode if we have turned this feature off.
Dark mode still make Inline Dice Rolling look weird for me -.- Can the toggle be moved outside the play window, pretty please?!?
William T. said: Is this STILL not done? WTF? Why does my Roll20 keep STARTING in Dark Mode when I have turned it off? Fix it already! Happens to me too. Some of my players do not seem to have that problem. I am hypothesizing that is because I clear my browser (FFox) when it closes and keep cookies, etc. on a tight leash. So it may reset whatever web tracking is used in that case to indicate you expressed a preference when last logged in. Odd if that is true though since R20 seems to keep most other changes for next log-in.
Or put it in the "MISC" Section! This group is ALWAYS displayed even if empty (which it is always if you are just a player in a campaign). This way, there is a reason why it is there and not just waste of space...
I-O said: Sarah R. Cohen said: Sadly, I do anticipate switching modes several times per session, because, although I like Dark Mode in principle, there are still several instances in which I need to turn Light Mode on in order for text to be readable. Once Dark Mode is in its finished form, I agree with this Suggestion. Try using default text color. It seems to automatically swap default blacks to whites in dark mode. I think he meant the Template Outputs to the Campaign Chat that are sometimes unreadable with dark mode enabled... (which is why I stay with light mode until Roll20 is done implementing it... in this state it is unusable (at least for me and IMHO))
ScottC said: +1 Please place the Dark Mode switch in the My Settings section and PLEASE stop Roll20 from loading in Dark Mode if we have turned this feature off. +1
Dungeon Marcster said: +1 please remove it from the tabletop and put it under settings. +1
+1
Gold
Forum Champion
Make a hot key combo for Dark Mode toggle With a hotkey Roll20 can get the best of both worlds. If someone like a developer needs to toggle between Dark/Light modes it would be very easy with a key combination (as well as a button under Settings). It's a toggle. Like an On-Off switch. With a keyboard combination for quick access.

Edited 1700569781
How is this still a button that can NOT be turned off? Or hidden?! So annoying +1
wasted said: How is this still a button that can NOT be turned off? Or hidden?! So annoying +1 With the NEW UI it IS hidden in the settings menu... the button is only there with the old UI...