Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
D&D 2024 has arrived! Pre-order the new core rulebooks now and get an exclusive pre-order bonus for free!
Create a free account

ChatSetAttr behavior question

I noticed some behavior with  ChatSetAttr and had a question about it. I have 3 attributes: STR ,  STR_act, and  STR_actuse. Macro Results Output !setattr --charid @{selected|character_id} --STR|10 sets just STR to 10 Setting STR to 10 for character Testguy !setattr --charid @{selected|character_id} --STR_actuse|3 sets just STR_actuse to 3 Setting STR_actuse to 3 for character Testguy !setattr --charid @{selected|character_id} --STR_act|4 sets both STR_act and STR_actuse to 4 Setting STR_act to 4 for character Testguy The last one is what I have a question about. The output seems to indicate that it only is changing STR_act, but it is definitely changing both. Is this expected behavior and I need to format the macro differently, or is this an edge case bug? If I rename the attribute to STR_act_use this isn't a problem any more.  
What game are you playing and are you using a character sheet?  If you are using a character sheet, then it's likely that those two attributes are tied together and when STR_act is changed, the sheetworkers are also updating STR_actuse. You can confirm this by doing this manually - go to the Attributes & Abilities tab for a character and make note of the STR_act and STR_actuse attributes, then change the STR_act attribute.  Close the sheet, reopen it, and see if the STR_actuse attribute has been updated.  If so, then the character sheet template itself is programmed to do that automatically. For an example, in D&D 5E the Strength Modifier is based on the Strength attribute.  A 10 strength would be a 0 strength_mod; a 12 strength would be a +1 strength_mod, etc.  So when you adjust a character's strength from 10 to 12, the sheet automatically adjusts the modifier from 0 to +1.
Custom sheet and you are correct. They are tied together - sheet worker changing _act updates _actuse. Can't believe I didn't think of that. It was a can't see the forest through the trees situation. Thanks!