Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Some options missing

Its been a while since i used roll20 and i recall there used to be an option, for me as a player to change the way other player icons apeared in the game, i could change the size of them and remove the picture so it took less space on the screen. now i can no longer find such options
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's somewhat hidden now following the settings revamp:
Thank you, it used to be much easier to find
This whole nested settings menu is way more annoying than it has to be... and there are more issues than just that... But I don't think this is going to change again at least for a few years...
Thank you! I've searched for this as well!
TheMarkus1204 said: This whole nested settings menu is way more annoying than it has to be... and there are more issues than just that... But I don't think this is going to change again at least for a few years... I dunno it does the job for me and is an improvement over the old setup.  I just wanted transmog at the top so I didn't have to constantly scroll down, this achieves the goal for me.  Most of the stuff in there you go to once in a blue moon, transmog for pro users, you go to that consistantly often and it was annoying that it was the bottom entry.  
DM Eddie said: TheMarkus1204 said: This whole nested settings menu is way more annoying than it has to be... and there are more issues than just that... But I don't think this is going to change again at least for a few years... I dunno it does the job for me and is an improvement over the old setup.  I just wanted transmog at the top so I didn't have to constantly scroll down, this achieves the goal for me.  Most of the stuff in there you go to once in a blue moon, transmog for pro users, you go to that consistantly often and it was annoying that it was the bottom entry.   It WOULD be an Improvement IF "Misc" Group would be hidden if empty AND if those Buttons at the bottom were placed somewhere else, so that they are independent of the opened group! It is REALLY annyoing to ALWAYS have to scroll in order to rejoin or exit the campaign especially when testing / preparing! AND it'd be nice if the MOST USED THINGS were in 1 group! (Display Name, Sound, Avatar Options) Cause these are the things you ALWAYS set first when entering a new campaign!
AND maybe it should be more clear that those options are separate Tabs OR they are simply put into 1 with a separator in between! (this would make a lot more sense! Audio & Video is the ONLY group that has sub-groups in it)
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
TheMarkus1204 said: DM Eddie said: TheMarkus1204 said: This whole nested settings menu is way more annoying than it has to be... and there are more issues than just that... But I don't think this is going to change again at least for a few years... I dunno it does the job for me and is an improvement over the old setup.  I just wanted transmog at the top so I didn't have to constantly scroll down, this achieves the goal for me.  Most of the stuff in there you go to once in a blue moon, transmog for pro users, you go to that consistantly often and it was annoying that it was the bottom entry.   It WOULD be an Improvement IF "Misc" Group would be hidden if empty AND if those Buttons at the bottom were placed somewhere else, so that they are independent of the opened group! It is REALLY annyoing to ALWAYS have to scroll in order to rejoin or exit the campaign especially when testing / preparing! AND it'd be nice if the MOST USED THINGS were in 1 group! (Display Name, Sound, Avatar Options) Cause these are the things you ALWAYS set first when entering a new campaign! Well, none of that matters to me.  My only gripe (opinion) is that everything should be collapsed by default.  Then there would be no need for scrolling if you aren't altering settings.  To me, I don't care where the settings are located in the various sections when I only access them once. In the end, we will see what Roll20 settles on once they are totally done with the UI overhaul (which looks like it will be a while).
It'd be much appreciated if they'd use the same layout as the marketplace for the rest of the site as it is much cleaner and looks way better.
Hey there!  Sorry you had trouble finding the settings you were looking for.  I really appreciate the feedback here around what you found difficult to discover and suggestions for better organization.  We'll definitely still be iterating on the UI in this area and utilizing user testing to make sure any changes we make improve the experience for the majority of users.