Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Markers: One at a time instead of multiples?

Hello, Previously, I had been able to add multiple token markers at the same time after clicking the button that allows me to access them on a token. Simply put, once that menu was opened, I was able to click as many markers as I liked before clicking off the menu. However, this behaviour changed a few weeks ago. Now, when I open the menu, I can only click on one marker before the menu closes itself. I consulted the change logs and couldn't see anything relating to this change. Is it a bug? Is it on purpose? It's not a big problem, but it's a bit annoying in some situations, is all. I use Firefox, but tested this problem with Chrome: same result.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I can confirm. I'd suggest filing a  Help Center Request , but the change may be on purpose. Can't imagine why. In the big scheme of things though, it will likely help more people than it will inconvenience.
Can also confirm that behavior. HOWEVER if you hover over the condition / marker and put in a number, the menu stays open and the marker with the number typed is displayed on the token! BEFORE the Menu closes if you typed in a number and you had to open it again... So indeed changed behavior, but it might be intended as keithcurtis said.
This is also happening to me.  I much prefer  the Status Marker window to stay open, so if this is an unintended change, please change it back!  If it is an intended change, then I would love to have a Setting to make it optional whether it closes immediately or stays open!
Yep, this is really quite frustrating, especially when you have a few token markers and need to scroll through them!  Before it was: open, scroll, select, select, select.  Now it's: open, scroll, select, open, scroll, select, open, scroll, select (and hope you don't forget you have to keep opening it!)  Really most frustrating, and needing to be returned to its former usefulness!
Indeed - please fix this "fix".  It adds no value, and creates a whole lot of annoyance.
Eve
Roll20 Team
Sorry for the trouble you've all had with this. Our development team is currently working on a fix. While I don't have a definite ETA for when that fix is going to be available yet it should be soon. Thank you all for reporting the issue.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Thanks Eve, that is great to hear!

Edited 1650503740
Seconded! looking forward to the resolution!
Any idea on how this fix is going?  The bug is persisting, and it's been a couple of weeks now, so just checking in to see if there's an ETA yet. Thanks!
This "feature" or "bug" is extremely annoying and time consuming. I use a lot of token markers in my games, sometimes I use several markers at the same time (like the X + Unconcious marker to differentiate from X + Dead marker). Please fix this or add an option to turn it off.
Is this not fixed, the game I ran last night had multiply tokens markers working fine?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kilter said: Is this not fixed, the game I ran last night had multiply tokens markers working fine? It not that multiple token markers cannot be applied. It's just that since the code push that altered the traditional operation of the tool, you can only apply one token marker per activation of the menu. Each time you apply a marker, the menu closes and must be opened again.
Hi everyone! Just dropping in to let y'all know that developers are still working away at this, we haven't forgotten about it. I'll drop back by this thread to announce when the fix is live!

Edited 1652472443
Thanks for the clarification Keth. Come to think of it I didn't realize at the time but this was the case. keithcurtis said: Kilter said: Is this not fixed, the game I ran last night had multiply tokens markers working fine? It not that multiple token markers cannot be applied. It's just that since the code push that altered the traditional operation of the tool, you can only apply one token marker per activation of the menu. Each time you apply a marker, the menu closes and must be opened again.
Not sure why it takes so long - can't they just roll back the code used, go back to before when it didn't do this?
Still having this problem too.
Indeed, one would have thought that such a simple fix (returning it to what it was, and what it has been for so long) would not take the two and a half months it's taken so far...
Another month, another stretch of silence, and no fix in sight :(
Erem said: Another month, another stretch of silence, and no fix in sight :( As with the recent layout changes they have more than enough to fix and as this does not seem to be high on their priority list it seems we have to wait another month / year(s) for them to fix this (that is, if they are able to!)
So I received this delightful email this morning: Roll20 Support said: Hello! We have not heard from you for 1 week regarding your request ( #97231 ). As such, we assume no further conversation is necessary and your support request has been closed.  Nothing's changed, which is part o the issue.  Why would I be emailing them multiple time a week to with updates on a situation that is unchanging and exactly the same issue that was reported months ago?  :(
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Erem! Sounds like an error in automation (on Roll20's part). Did they ask for any feedback or further information in their previous communication? Was there a feedback form? I have also inquired into this in other reports. I have not heard anything substantive back. I have a theory that a lot of little interface things are either being delayed or suffering from momentary disfunction as the site transitions toward some major interface overhauls. I.e. it might not be worth the time to fix something that will be obsolete in a few months. But that's pure speculation on my part.
Hey Keith, yeah, I expect it's an automated response, but still an annoying one.  When I 'bumped' the old issue, they did say "a lot has changed since when you first notified us..." (no...), and I responded with "no, it's just the same".  And then this. Let's hope it is fixed soon, but I really don't see that happening, with the responses I've received so far...
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hey folks, my apologies on this—it definitely fell between the cracks. However, I'm happy to announce that as of today  this is fixed, and I appreciate y'all surfacing the issue to make sure it got the attention it needed.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Much rejoicing!
Thanks, great to see this has finally been resolved :)
I tried it, it seems to work. Will update if it breaks. Thanks!
Indeed, it's been finally resolved! THX for that!