Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D Compendium Updates

Roll20 is happy to announce that some of your favorite D&D 5E adventures of all time have received some fresh love from our Content team. Nine adventures in total have had compendiums and art packs created to give their packages all the value we have come to expect from a Roll20 conversion. Tales from the Yawning Portal Storm King's Thunder Curse of Strahd Tomb of Annihilation Princes of the Apocalypse Hoard of the Dragon Queen Rise of Tiamat Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Dungeon of the Mad Mage Each of these packages now include a compendium containing the Monsters, Items, Races, Subraces, Backgrounds, and Spells made available for your drag-and-drop and Charactermancer experiences. In addition, over 2000 handouts and tokens have been added across these packages in the form of Token Packs. These all use art from the adventure itself to give players and the DM a giant pool of thematically appropriate tokens to choose from when creating PCs and NPCs.  We're excited to get all this additional value into your hands and it is important to note that if you already own any of these products, that you'll own all of its new content at no added cost. The new content may take up to 24 hours to appear in your libraries, but go ahead, check out Your Bookshelf and see for yourself. You might also want to check out your campaign's game settings page to make sure you have the Compendium Selection set up using all the compendiums you want set to Available/shared. For those who don't already own these products, now is a great time to check these out! You'll be able to finally check out what's up with this Strahd guy you keep hearing about and all while enjoying a conversion experience millions of others have come to expect and enjoy from a Roll20 converted package. Which D&D 5E adventure are you most excited to check out?
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Great news, this is fantastic!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's a huge amount of backlogged material now available. And bucketloads of new tokens and handout art!
Big win and big thanks!
This is awesome, thanks!
Great and UGH!  I could have REALLY used this a couple months ago. 
Christopher K
Plus
Marketplace Creator
How does/will this update impact those of us who purchased modules, rather than whole books. In my case specifically, I'm running Against the Giants, a module take from Yawning Portal. Should I be getting anything extra or is it limited to the specific add-on's content?

Edited 1650502170
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'm not sure if you purchased an addon that is part of a module if should be able to see the new material, but that's a good question.
That's cool! Does that mean, that all the tokens used in the module now have art setup, instead of just names on a background? I know that really irked me with SKT and ToA specifically. 

Edited 1650547529
I am very happy about this and now my players are able to play Genasi from PotA, Tortle i know is a tough one but next month with the new book it shall be available.  I cant wait to check out all the various extras in all the games i may now have to set up each one just so i can see what is in there.  This is such a big help in so many ways.  In all honesty I am about to start a ToA Campaign and probably a PotA soon so both of those will be top of my list to check out, DotMM and TftYP I have current games going so it will be fun to see what is going to show up now.
zerosius said: That's cool! Does that mean, that all the tokens used in the module now have art setup, instead of just names on a background? I know that really irked me with SKT and ToA specifically.  The modules have not been updated. We try to maintain the published content as faithfully as possible, creating text tokens if there is a need for a token that doesn't have art specifically assigned to it. Once it's in your hands, though, you could replace those tokens with tokens from the new Art Packs, found in your art library by searching the title of the book, or any other tokens you have access to! Death Master said: I am very happy about this and now my players are able to play Genasi from PotA, Tortle i know is a tough one but next month with the new book it shall be available.  I cant wait to check out all the various extras in all the games i may now have to set up each one just so i can see what is in there.  This is such a big help in so many ways.  In all honesty I am about to start a ToA Campaign and probably a PotA soon so both of those will be top of my list to check out, DotMM and TftYP I have current games going so it will be fun to see what is going to show up now. Because the modules have not been updated, you don't need to set up a module for each- in any 5e game, you'll now see the Compendiums for any games you own, and in any game you can find the Art Packs for adventures you own by searching the name of the book in your art library.
Awesome!! Thanks
Christopher K said: How does/will this update impact those of us who purchased modules, rather than whole books. In my case specifically, I'm running Against the Giants, a module take from Yawning Portal. Should I be getting anything extra or is it limited to the specific add-on's content? Unfortunately, the new additions are tied to the entire package. To access the Compendium and Art Packs, you'd need to purchase the entire Tales from the Yawning Portal bundle.
I purchased the Tales of the Yawning Portal package quite some time ago. I don't seem to have the compendium and art pack, and when I go to the package in the Marketplace it asks me to but the package again. Am I doing something wrong?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Karl Ward! It doesn't sound like it. I'd suggest checking your marketplace items , to verify that the package is there and was purchased as the package, and then writing a  Help Center Request . They should be able to help you clear up any issues.
Karl Ward said: I purchased the Tales of the Yawning Portal package quite some time ago. I don't seem to have the compendium and art pack, and when I go to the package in the Marketplace it asks me to but the package again. Am I doing something wrong? I'm having the same issue. keithcurtis said: Hi Karl Ward! It doesn't sound like it. I'd suggest checking your marketplace items , to verify that the package is there and was purchased as the package, and then writing a  Help Center Request . They should be able to help you clear up any issues. Thanks for the tip Keith :) I've submitted a ticket.
oh this is nerd-candy. Not going to spoil anything here in case any of my victims...(eum players) are reading, but there are some modules that will be transmogrified heavily today.
Cool. I see them. I love having extra tokens I can use in games for NPCs that don't have one.
I bought&nbsp; the previous incarnation of the Short Adventure Bundle below for my DM account last year and it included Tales from the Yawning Portal. <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/4770/dandd-short-adventure-bundle" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/4770/dandd-short-adventure-bundle</a> This was the entire package at the time and it links to the full package in the bundle. This package has now changed with the addition of the Compendium and the Art pack. I don't see either of these new content on my account. Neither does it indicate that I have the original content of the Tales of the Yawning Portal when I follow the link&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/3804/tales-from-the-yawning-portal" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/3804/tales-from-the-yawning-portal</a> Am I missing something?&nbsp; Jennawynn+ said: Christopher K said: How does/will this update impact those of us who purchased modules, rather than whole books. In my case specifically, I'm running Against the Giants, a module take from Yawning Portal. Should I be getting anything extra or is it limited to the specific add-on's content? Unfortunately, the new additions are tied to the entire package. To access the Compendium and Art Packs, you'd need to purchase the entire Tales from the Yawning Portal bundle.
Darkshadow said: I bought&nbsp; the previous incarnation of the Short Adventure Bundle below for my DM account last year and it included Tales from the Yawning Portal. <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/4770/dandd-short-adventure-bundle" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/4770/dandd-short-adventure-bundle</a> This was the entire package at the time and it links to the full package in the bundle. This package has now changed with the addition of the Compendium and the Art pack. I don't see either of these new content on my account. Neither does it indicate that I have the original content of the Tales of the Yawning Portal when I follow the link&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/3804/tales-from-the-yawning-portal" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/3804/tales-from-the-yawning-portal</a> Am I missing something?&nbsp; You are not, we've gotten reports and investigated, and we will be rectifying the issue as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!
I have the same situation as Darkshadow. I bought the Short Adventure Bundle, but I can find the&nbsp; Tales from the Yawning Portal &nbsp;art either. @Jennawynn+ thanks for looking into this.
Very cool! Is there a list of what is missing / on the to-do list and likely timelines for the remaining WOTC items?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I think all the other WotC items already have compendium treatment. The expanded art packs were just part of the way Roll20 provides modules now. Since these were getting compendium treatment, they went through the updated method.
Has anyone got an update on the 'Short Adventure Bundle' issue?&nbsp;
Jennawynn+ said: You are not, we've gotten reports and investigated, and we will be rectifying the issue as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience! Is there any timeline on when this will be completed?
Hey folks, I unfortunately come without bearing a timeline. However, I can confirm this is still on our radar to correct more widely. In the meantime, for those who see this, our support team can help in individual cases to correct the issue. Just send us a line at Roll20.net/help and we can get you situated.