Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Marvel Multiverse RPG Playtest by Roll20

The thread for all things Marvel Multiverse RPG Playtest by Roll20 sheet related. This the place for to collect known issues, bug reports, and see recent changes. Sheet Summary Initial Release Full PC Character sheet Marvel 616 Dice Mechanic Melee & Ranged Combat Rolls Condition Tracker What’s Next? In no particular order: Short Term Drag and Drop Support Whisper to GM toggle Free-form Dice Roller Longer Term Improved dice roll support. How to Report a Bug Use this link to report a bug on Roll20’s Help Center. This is the best way to ensure the problem is seen by our team of sheet authors. When reporting a bug in this thread, please use the templates below. Sheet Issue Template Description of issue: Try being as detailed as possible when writing a description. Documenting the exact steps you've taken will let us follow the same path in trying to replicate & test the issue. Screenshots: A picture is worth a 1,000 words and a Gif 10,000. Feature Request Template Brief Description: A quick summation of the feature, why it is needed and who it would help. Screenshots: Book (Core Rule Book, Bestiary...), page #s

Edited 1650585740
Feature Request Template Brief Description: Compendium Drag-n-Drop to Character Sheet for Origins, Traits, Powers, Power Sets, etc... Screenshots: None available I would love to know why it isn't drag-and-drop from the compendium? Is that a feature that is coming later? It's not a lot of fun to have to type in EVERYTHING for the Powers, Traits, etc... It is literally the opposite of fun and increases Prep Time for NPCs, etc... exponentially. Is there someone I need to buy a beer to get this added? Please tell me! I'm begging!
Feature Request Template Brief Description: I'm sure Marvel specifies the look and feel of the Character Sheet, but could you add space on each Ability Score to record the ability score cap. The Archtypes, Traits and Powersets all add to caps, and there's no way to record the new cap. It would be ideal if it was automatically calculated, but a place to record it for now would be handy. Screenshots: None available
Brief Description:  I have noticed that when rolling for initiative using the character sheet, if you roll "Marvel" on the die for a characters initiative it adds it to the tracker as "9902"+  is this a glitch or some sort or have i read how it's supposed to work wrong? Screenshot:
Hi RedBear, This is definitely a bug, the 99 should have been appended to the tie breaker as part of a special roll! We'll raise a ticket to investigate this.
Brief Description Hello, sorry to be "that guy" again. There seems to be an entire "Attack" section missing within the playtest rule on how attacks are made.. I don't even see "Attack" in the Glossary. Has this section been accidentally omitted? No screenshot

Edited 1652912867
Brief Description There doesn't seem to be any way to do edge and trouble (i.e. reroll one or more of the dice individually). No screenshot
Nic B. said: Hi RedBear, This is definitely a bug, the 99 should have been appended to the tie breaker as part of a special roll! We'll raise a ticket to investigate this. Just tested this. It seems to be still a bug. 
Will you please either add a Button for Edge/Trouble or at least let us know what is the code we could use for a Macro to roll dMarvel for use with Edges and Trouble. (rolling 1, 2, or 3d616 just by itself?)
Copied from a general thread, because I agree 100% rcbricker  said: The rules state that if an action is adjusted due to an edge or trouble (the net of the two when both apply) that a die or dice are re-rolled.  The rules on karma is that a single karma point can be spent at will to add one edge/trouble to an action/defense.  Adding a sequence of user variables would help to assist in this process. 1.  Player selects appropriate action and presses the resolution button (Fight damage, total action modifier for ability). 2.  A user form pop up window appears asking yes or no on Karma. 3.  A user form pop up window appears asking about edge (already showing a one if Karma was a yes). 4.  DM gets pop up asking about any troubles. 5.  action is rolled. 6.  Pop up appears if edge/trouble was applied before the initiator (edge) or defender (trouble) allowing them to pick the die/dice to be re-rolled. 7.  New roll is calculated. This automation is how combat is intended in the rulebook, it would be very helpful in resolving combat faster than manually handling all of these actions.  
My understanding is way different. Karma is spent after the roll. The number of Edges or Troubles (not both) are applied after the roll. You could feasibly come up with an algorithm to apply Edges or Troubles automagically in the best possible way. That would speed up the game, but it's not how it's written. Generally what's needed is a way to click on a dice in the chat window and re-roll that die with an Edge or Trouble, computing a new result.
I've built a Macro (based on the "Fight Damage" on the sheet) that does not account for Karma, Edges, or Troubles (all of those are after the roll anyway). My Macro lets you select: TN (same as sheet button) Stat to use with the Attack roll (some Powers let you use alternate attack rolls) Fight or Ranged for base n d6 damage. Fight or Ranged for Archetype-based damage bonus. Stat to apply to Damage. This all works GREAT, except for a few small details: 1) The dice images stay as 0s. 2) a 1 on the Marvel Die stays counting as a 1 (rather than being converted to a 6 for calculations) How can I update the macro to adjust for these flaws? Here's teh macro, in case anyone else wants to use it. &{template:mrp-damage} {{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{title=^{fight_roll}}} {{subtitle=^{attack_roll}}} {{target=[[?{Target's Defense|0}]]}} {{roll=[[3d6+?{Which Ability for Attack Roll?|Might,@{selected|might_action}|Agility,@{selected|agility_action}|Resilience,@{selected|resilience_action}|Vigilence,@{selected|vigilance_action}|Ego,@{selected|ego_action}|Logic,@{selected|logic_action}}[BONUS]]]}} {{damage=[[?{Which dice set?|Fight,@{selected|fight_damage_dice}|Ranged,@{selected|ranged_damage_dice}}+?{Which Modifier?|Fight,@{selected|fight_damage}|Ranged,@{selected|ranged_damage}}+?{Which Ability for Damage Roll?|Might,@{selected|might_action}|Agility,@{selected|agility_action}|Resilience,@{selected|resilience_action}|Vigilence,@{selected|vigilance_action}|Ego,@{selected|ego_action}|Logic,@{selected|logic_action}}[BONUS]]]}} {{roll1=[[0]]}} {{roll2=[[0]]}} {{roll3=[[0]]}} {{damageroll1=[[0]]}} {{damageroll2=[[0]]}} {{damageroll3=[[0]]}}
VampyreBytes That is using edge and trouble through combat though. Actions can still be used outside of combat in which case there is still a issue. Though I do appreciate some kind of temporary solution we need a permanent solution for this before the core rulebook comes out in 2023.
Joella: My Macro doesn't handle Edges or Troubles at all. I have no idea how to go about supporting them at all. This macro is exclusively for Combat with Powers & Traits that allow alternate Abilities for attack and/or Damage. Right now, it can't even handle the Marvel die properly, as that seems to be a Sheet Feature, not a Roll20 feature, like the die images.
The Compendium and Sheet are the worst Roll20 integrations I've used yet. I've used several that were broken in places that were still better than this. There's just so much missing.
VampyreBytes that is still something. I will be giving my friend the macro to input for battles. I am praying Roll20 gets on top of this as soon as possible. Also I have a question for you for the Edge and trouble for the marvel die. 1 is suppose to be the best roll. So how do I calculate the math if it lands on any other number? Marvel didn't really explain the the marvel die very well.
Marvel Die: a 6 = 6, 5 = 5, 4 = 4, 3 = 3, 2 = 2, 1 = MARVEL = 6. (In the Macro, BTW, a 1 = 1, so you have to manually add 5 to your result, *if* the 2nd die is a 1. You can hover over the total to see the dice results.)
A quick note: we pushed some changes this morning to resolve a bug and to make a change to the attack mechanics as per the errata that was released today. Changes: Adjusted attack dice mechanics as per errata. Fixed issue with initiative tiebreaker incorrectly calculating.
Nic B. has the edge and trouble been worked out?
Sorry if this is covered somewhere else, I've been searching the interwebs and couldn't find anything.  Has the character sheets changed in regard to attacks? In the thumbnail it shows range damage and fight damage on the character sheets. But when I set up a game there is only an attack button to click on the character sheets
Per @Nic B above on July 11, yes. They updated the Attack area to work with the [new] Errata.
Any news on Drag and Drop support?
Where do I input my archetype?
Just starting to read through the Playtest Rules book on Compendium, and I keep running across something akin to "this rule has changed, see this document hyperlinked here."  Why wouldn't this just be updated in place, as it's digital content?
Can anyone help me with a question? I'm trying to prepare a session but I came across these differences between the sheets proposed by Roll 20 and those that are available. Is it this way, just for me? It doesn't have the space to place Fight Damage or Ranged Damage, and the card doesn't explain what dice were rolled.

Edited 1665382546
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Ilan! The playtest went through a revision some time after release, as Marvel refined the rules. One of those is likely from the older version. Any recently-loaded campaign should have the updated character sheet.
Cant wait for it to roll out  non playtest
Hi Roll20 I've found a couple of mistakes on the Marvel Playtest character sheets, and I thought I'd raise them here as I'm not sure how else to report them and I can't find that anyone else has raised the issue with you. Number 1 - On the She-Hulk character sheet you have She-Hulk's size as Average as default, but it should be Big as she has the Massive trait. I raised this issue in a bug report, but wasn't sure if this was the correct way of raising this issue with your team. Number 2 - I was testing Black Panther's attack rolls against an imaginary TN of 22. I rolled 111, and the result added to Black Panther's base 12 gave a result of 15. This is not correcting for the Marvel die which when rolling a 1 should be a 6. The result should be 8+12 =20. I'm not sure if this is just restricted to Black Panther's character sheet or is a problem with all the character sheets. I thought you would like to know the sheets have these errors within them as I know you strive for excellence. I have attached a couple of screen shots that demonstrate the problem with Black Panther's character sheet. Excelsior Dak
Hi all So they eliminated archetypes and modified Ranks and Damage. We are trying some Rank 1, which can only do 6(dice)x1(rank) = 6 damage (they removed ability modifiers in 1.2 right?). So this guy with armor 1 and a shield, is impossible to damage, as he walks around with 10 damage reduction from each power, so he is basically Juggernaut for all the Rank 1 characters around.  What am I doing wrong?  I know super strength can add +1 to base damage, so that's a maximum of 12 damage. (6(dice)x(1(rank)+1(SStrenght)=12)  Weapons add no damage, so it's as good as a guy with his fists, with range. A guy with a sword is as good as a guy with his fists.  Am i doing something really wrong? Are armor and shield 10 DMG Reduction excessive or is its damage overall too weak? 
When can we expect an update for roll20 to coincide with the Update 1.3 changes? Please and thank you. Game is not playable in its current state.
Hey folks, (and Jack in specific) We just released a patch for the character sheet that should implement the changes seen in the 1.3 update. Please let us know if you encounter any difficulties. Thanks!
Hi guys, I've just analysed the 1.3 update to the Marvel Playtest, and many of the character sheets have a mistake in the defense stats of the heroes and villains. If you go to the official Marvel website you can find updated character sheets for version 1.3 on a free download that show the correct defense stats. Here is a list of the mistakes I have noticed. I have also checked Health, Focus, Rank and Initiative against the official source and these all seem to be correct as of 28/11/22. Black Panther and Cougar = Resilience and Vigilance should be 13, you have them as 17. Captain America and Militant= Logic should be 12, you have it as 16. Captain Marvel and Battery = All are correct. Groot = Ego should be 12, you have it as 16.  Tree is correct. Iron Man and Tactical Force =  All are correct. Rocket Raccoon and Trash Panda =  All are correct. Shang-Chi = Logic should be 11, you have it as 15.  Dragon is correct. She-Hulk = Agility should be 14, you have it as 18.  Lawbreaker is correct. Spider Man (MM) = Resilience should be 13, you have it as 16.  Cub Spider is correct. Spider Man (PP) = Ego should be 10, you have it as 14. Logic should be 14, you have it as 17.  Wolf Spider = Ego should be 10, you have it as 14. Storm and Lightning = Agility and Resilience should be 13, you have them as 17. Thor (JF) = Vigilance should be 13, you have it as 18. Logic should be 14, you have it as 19.  Thunder is correct. Thor (TO) and Hammer = Agility should be 14, you have it as 19. Wolverine = Logic should be 11, you have it as 15.  Claws is correct. Green Goblin =  All are correct. Hydra Agent =  Resilience,  Vigilance, and Ego should be 11, you have them as 12. Kingpin =  Vigilance should be 12, you have it as 14. Sabretooth = Ego and Logic should be 10, you have them as 14. Vulture =  All are correct. I have nothing to check these NPC's against, but I believe with the new rulings these are mistakes. Kim Chen = Agility, Resilience, and Vigilance should be 11, you have them as 12. Professor Ajit Patel =  Agility, Resilience, and Vigilance should be 11, you have them as 12.

Edited 1669663858
Eve
Roll20 Team
Dak said: Hi guys, I've just analysed the 1.3 update to the Marvel Playtest, and many of the character sheets have a mistake in the defense stats of the heroes and villains. Thanks so much for pointing this out. I'll have some folks look into it. Edit: After further testing I wasn't able to reproduce this in either a new game created from the module or a test game that we patched. I can only assume that something unexpected happened during the patching process of your game. My best recommendation right now would be to create a new game using the module and then use the transmogrifier to move anything you want from the existing game over.

Edited 1669731159
some of the characters damage multipliers are off for example I need to add a 3 to she hulks damage multipler and 4 to thors so it adds up to the proper number or else the damage will be to low. 
Eve said: Dak said: Hi guys, I've just analysed the 1.3 update to the Marvel Playtest, and many of the character sheets have a mistake in the defense stats of the heroes and villains. Thanks so much for pointing this out. I'll have some folks look into it. Edit: After further testing I wasn't able to reproduce this in either a new game created from the module or a test game that we patched. I can only assume that something unexpected happened during the patching process of your game. My best recommendation right now would be to create a new game using the module and then use the transmogrifier to move anything you want from the existing game over. Thanks Eve, I've done as you suggested and created a new game. I've only tested a few character sheets but they are OK now and reproduce the stats from the Marvel site.  Sorry to waste your time, but thanks for helping me get my game on track again. Take care Dak
Description of issue: The attack button is using the old damage rules Screenshots: