Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Calendar (reworked)

Edited 1651409166
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Alright, so recently I found the beautifully done Calendar API made by&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/users/1165285/kirsty" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/users/1165285/kirsty</a> &nbsp;and I figured I'd improve upon it a little. All credits go to Kirsty as this is NOT my code and I only added a few extra features. Github Repository New Features Hours and Minutes have been added. You can now set an Alarm for a certain Date and Time. Months have been somewhat reworked. Days no longer have an Input from 1 to 356, instead they now go from 1 to 30 (31 in some cases). How to Use First type&nbsp; !cal &nbsp;in the Chat. Make sure that you are a GM in the Game, otherwise this Command won't work for you. Next you can click on any of the various Categories, which will make several Prompts show up, where you can further define how you would like the Calendar to look like. The buttons next to Day, Month, Year, Hour and Minute can be clicked. Upon clicking them, you will be able to edit the Value within them. Then there are the bottom Buttons. "Advance the Time" will first ask for a choice between Short Rest, Long Rest, Days, Months and Years. Afterwards will be a Prompt that asks you to input a Value. A Short Rest in this case would be 1 hour and a Long Rest would be 8 hours. "Roll Weather" will do exactly what it says, it will choose a random weather. You can click this multiple times if you don't like the Weather. "Set an Alarm" will allow you to set an Alarm. It will first ask you to input the Day, next it will ask for the Month and Year before asking for the Time. When an Alarm is triggered, it will send a message each time you type&nbsp; !cal &nbsp;or choose one of the other Options until the configured Date and Time has passed. "Show to Players" will show the Calendar to the Players. "Random Encounter" will tell you how many Random Encounters there will be (up to 5 Encounters), depending on the Environment.
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
BIG UPDATE You can now have up to 10 active Alarms at the same time.
@Julexar Thanks, but that's not the Calendar script I'm looking for. The one I've been using is in the one-click and was written by someone else.
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
MAJOR UPDATE Fixed an issue where Alarms wouldn't be set correctly Fixed an issue where "Advance the Time" wouldn't work correctly when you increased the number of months above the maximum Updated the Weather Added an Encounter Button Github Repository
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Small Update Fixed an issue where the amount of years added would be doubled
Very cool script. I'm wondering if it is possible to remove the weather and moon display. I have been using the Harptos calendar provided by fantasy-calendar.com and the moon cycle seems to be different than what your calendar provides.
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
No more Moon - UPDATE Removed the Moon Display GitHub Repository
That is awesome, thanks! On another note, I accidentally put '5th' when defining a day as opposed to '5'. Now it tells me both the day and month are undefined and I can't seem to find away to reset them. Any tips?
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Nico said: That is awesome, thanks! On another note, I accidentally put '5th' when defining a day as opposed to '5'. Now it tells me both the day and month are undefined and I can't seem to find away to reset them. Any tips? Hm, if you put in a number again in the days, it should be fine
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
I'll implement a failsave to make sure it takes the correct number, even if you put in "5th" etc
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
HOTFIX Removed an issue where the display would break upon typing 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc when trying to set the day Version 3.2 (with Moon Display):&nbsp; Calendar V3.2 Version 4.1 (without Moon Display): Calendar V4.1
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Julexar said: Nico said: That is awesome, thanks! On another note, I accidentally put '5th' when defining a day as opposed to '5'. Now it tells me both the day and month are undefined and I can't seem to find away to reset them. Any tips? Hm, if you put in a number again in the days, it should be fine Correction: Click on "Advance the Time" and then select "Days" and punch in any number. That should fix it
Hi @Julexar, I have been using Kirsty's version for a while now. As you have forked it and been making edits, there was an issue I found with a missing month in the Eberron calendar. Barrakas should be between Lharvion and Rhaan which just requires shifting the day offsets by 28 for each subsequent month. Just if you were planning to keep updating this :)
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Styx said: Hi @Julexar, I have been using Kirsty's version for a while now. As you have forked it and been making edits, there was an issue I found with a missing month in the Eberron calendar. Barrakas should be between Lharvion and Rhaan which just requires shifting the day offsets by 28 for each subsequent month. Just if you were planning to keep updating this :) I wasn't originally planning too but I might make an Update for Eberron. Though the current version will also be available
Is there a way to add weather manually to a day?&nbsp; Because weather is so hard to accurately simulate in games, I tend to take real world weather from similar areas in the world and use that for my in game weather.
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Darryn said: Is there a way to add weather manually to a day?&nbsp; Because weather is so hard to accurately simulate in games, I tend to take real world weather from similar areas in the world and use that for my in game weather. Weather is generated randomly when you click on "roll weather"
Firstly, thanks for doing this as I feel like it's needed. I like your added features (espically the short rest, long rest, and encounter options). I want to like the alarm feature but it seems to me that you have to land right on the time for it to notify you, and you can easily miss that if you are advancing time by days. Either a feature to make an alarm on a day instead of a specific time or a way of notifying you when you pass the alarm would be good. I tried just not inputting a hour and minute but it didn't seem to work. The other thing is that there is a 6.2 version of&nbsp;Kirsty's calendar that added a notelog script that is a nice feature. Also I would love the eberron calendar, but I am guessing I could probably just rename the months in the script if I had to. But the biggest change I would love is a way of disabling the weather or permanently editing what it says for those who don't want randomized weather, none of the calendars seem to have that . Anyways, if tldr, thank you for your improvements, hope the alarm and weather features get improved, and maybe look at the 6.2 version of&nbsp;Kirsty's calendar script for ideas if you haven't seen it already.
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Lee said: Firstly, thanks for doing this as I feel like it's needed. I like your added features (espically the short rest, long rest, and encounter options). I want to like the alarm feature but it seems to me that you have to land right on the time for it to notify you, and you can easily miss that if you are advancing time by days. Either a feature to make an alarm on a day instead of a specific time or a way of notifying you when you pass the alarm would be good. I tried just not inputting a hour and minute but it didn't seem to work. The other thing is that there is a 6.2 version of&nbsp;Kirsty's calendar that added a notelog script that is a nice feature. Also I would love the eberron calendar, but I am guessing I could probably just rename the months in the script if I had to. But the biggest change I would love is a way of disabling the weather or permanently editing what it says for those who don't want randomized weather, none of the calendars seem to have that . Anyways, if tldr, thank you for your improvements, hope the alarm and weather features get improved, and maybe look at the 6.2 version of&nbsp;Kirsty's calendar script for ideas if you haven't seen it already. Thanks for your feedback, I will look into that. I will fix the alarms, as for the eberron thing, I will likely add that in a future update. I can also add a little button where you can either choose a specific weather or just have it random.
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Lee said: Firstly, thanks for doing this as I feel like it's needed. I like your added features (espically the short rest, long rest, and encounter options). I want to like the alarm feature but it seems to me that you have to land right on the time for it to notify you, and you can easily miss that if you are advancing time by days. Either a feature to make an alarm on a day instead of a specific time or a way of notifying you when you pass the alarm would be good. I tried just not inputting a hour and minute but it didn't seem to work. The other thing is that there is a 6.2 version of&nbsp;Kirsty's calendar that added a notelog script that is a nice feature. Also I would love the eberron calendar, but I am guessing I could probably just rename the months in the script if I had to. But the biggest change I would love is a way of disabling the weather or permanently editing what it says for those who don't want randomized weather, none of the calendars seem to have that . Anyways, if tldr, thank you for your improvements, hope the alarm and weather features get improved, and maybe look at the 6.2 version of&nbsp;Kirsty's calendar script for ideas if you haven't seen it already. Alright, I managed to cook up the beta-release of the new Calendar. You can check it out&nbsp; here
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Small Update Fixed issues with the Alarms GitHub Repository