Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

"Quota Exceeded" despite deleting assets

For the last few weeks I have been dealing with an issue where Roll20 will tell me I have exceeded my storage quota, despite me deleting multiple files. No matter how big the images I remove are, Roll20 won't let me upload anything. Music, art, map assets, it doesn't matter what I remove, I still get the pop up telling me to purchase a subscription or suffer.

Edited 1650852161
The one thing I can think of: For music, make sure you are deleting files from your Audio Library, not just removing them from individual games. Music tends to be the biggest storage hog. The less likely culprit is art, in which case the thing to do is to make sure the files you wish to delete are deleted from "Recent Uploads", not just from individual folders. I always upvote suggestions to increase storage for free users and improve file management, but until those suggestions are implemented, deleting tracks from your Audio Library is the best advice I've got; sorry! Good luck. Edit: Rats! I'm sorry it turned out not to be something simple. I echo keithcurtis' suggestion of a Help Center Request.
Sarah R. Cohen said: The one thing I can think of: For music, make sure you are deleting files from your Audio Library, not just removing them from individual games. Music tends to be the biggest storage hog. The less likely culprit is art, in which case the thing to do is to make sure the files you wish to delete are deleted from "Recent Uploads", not just from individual folders. I always upvote suggestions to increase storage for free users and improve file management, but until those suggestions are implemented, deleting tracks from your Audio Library is the best advice I've got; sorry! Good luck. I was already doing both suggestions. I've needed to delete files from my library on many occasion in the past (tomorrow marks my 4th year using this website, so I've been using it for quite some time lol), but this is the first time that doing so has done nothing. You're advice is appreciated though.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you contact Roll20 through a  Help Center Request , they should be able to tell you how and where your assets are distributed. Music from My Audio (not in-game) would have been my guess, too, as it's the most common culprit in these situations.

Edited 1650895729
James :3c said: For the last few weeks I have been dealing with an issue where Roll20 will tell me I have exceeded my storage quota, despite me deleting multiple files. No matter how big the images I remove are, Roll20 won't let me upload anything. Music, art, map assets, it doesn't matter what I remove, I still get the pop up telling me to purchase a subscription or suffer. if you go to your account/profile they just added a quota display graph for you to see where the files are hidden that are blocking your ability to upload. Its actually in the My Account section not My Profile section.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Nice find! I had no idea!
keithcurtis said: Nice find! I had no idea! It was introduced yesterday as can be seen in the recent dev update.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I saw that about five minutes after I posted. :D
DM Eddie said: James :3c said: For the last few weeks I have been dealing with an issue where Roll20 will tell me I have exceeded my storage quota, despite me deleting multiple files. No matter how big the images I remove are, Roll20 won't let me upload anything. Music, art, map assets, it doesn't matter what I remove, I still get the pop up telling me to purchase a subscription or suffer. if you go to your account/profile they just added a quota display graph for you to see where the files are hidden that are blocking your ability to upload. Its actually in the My Account section not My Profile section.   My problem is that even when I delete the problem assets, my storage doesn't go down. The other day I deleted a large audio file, and for a bit it looked like it opened some space, but when I checked it again, my storage said it was full again, despite me not uploading anything new.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Did you make a  Help Center Request , as suggested above? As users, we can only guess at what might be going on, and you've indicated this is unlikely to be a procedural error on your part, that you are deleting audio from My Audio, and not simply removing it from the game. If this is so, then only a dev can tell you what's going on.
James :3c said: DM Eddie said: James :3c said: For the last few weeks I have been dealing with an issue where Roll20 will tell me I have exceeded my storage quota, despite me deleting multiple files. No matter how big the images I remove are, Roll20 won't let me upload anything. Music, art, map assets, it doesn't matter what I remove, I still get the pop up telling me to purchase a subscription or suffer. if you go to your account/profile they just added a quota display graph for you to see where the files are hidden that are blocking your ability to upload. Its actually in the My Account section not My Profile section.   My problem is that even when I delete the problem assets, my storage doesn't go down. The other day I deleted a large audio file, and for a bit it looked like it opened some space, but when I checked it again, my storage said it was full again, despite me not uploading anything new. Did the donut show you deleted it?  Cause theres "removing from game" and then theres "removing from quota."  If you still have issues after doing some sort of removal, my guess is you didn't delete the audio file from your quota, you just removed it from that games jukebox listings.