Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Charactermancer Issue

Hello, I am trying to level up my human ranger to level 6. I get prompted to choose a favored enemy and I slect "Any Humanoid Race (Choose 2) and I fill out the two open text boxes "Goblin" and "Lizardfolk". I then choose the enemy language from the drop-down "Goblin" and for my next favored terrain I choose "Desert". I hit "Next" to get to the spells list and I hit "Next" again after not replacing any spells. Then I hit "Apply Changes" and it gets stuck at the "Building your character..." window. The window is not popped out and I have the option disabled just to make sure and I'm using the Chrome browser as well. I am trying to create a level 8 character so the charactermancer didn't have any issues going through the first 5 levels so not sure if I am missing something in regards to this level or if there is something else going on. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have seen a number of reports related to leveling rangers in particular. I suspect there's bad data somewhere. Your best bet is to file a  Help Center Request . Hopefully a dev can get to it before the weekend.
Hi Jacob C. I was able to simulate your problem. The only way this happened to me was that when I created the ranger I did not select any option for Favored enemy and Natural Explorer, as I use the alternate rule from Tasha's and select Favored foe and deft explorer. This mean that favored foe and deft explorer replace the Favored enemy and Natural Explorer options. If you created your character without selecting favored enemy and natural explorer at lvl 1 and now at lvl 6 are trying to select something for favored enemy and Natural explorer the charctamancer will not let you since you went with the alternate options.  I hope this help.   Remember by Tasha's options if you are using Favored Foe and Deft explorer. You can not use favored Enemy and Natural explorer.  I hope this help. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This sounds like something that should be reported to the official feed back thread for the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet. Filing a  Help Center Request  with this info would also help to create a ticket for investigation.
Hi keithcurtis and Warlord, Appreciate your responses on here! Per your request Keith I submitted an additional request through the Help Center Request, as for the official feed back thread, I wasn't entirely sure the best way to go about that. Should I just post a reply directly into that thread? From your playing around with this as well Warlord, I did choose the Beast Master subclass from Tasha's so I shouldn't have these additional option is what you're saying correct? Looking at how the leveling system works for the subclass, at level 6 I should just be getting the trait Roving I think rather than an additional favored foe and favored terrain. Let me know if I understood that correctly. Thank you!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Jacob C. said: as for the official feed back thread, I wasn't entirely sure the best way to go about that. Should I just post a reply directly into that thread? i don't think that thread has an official feedback form, but here is what I do. If I think the bug is important enough, I give it a title in the H3 style. That's the one with the gray bar, and it helps it stand out. I follow this with a clear concise statement of the issue. Then a step by step method to produce the issue What I expect to happen What actually happens A suggested resolution if you have one. I rarely follow that exactly, but that's the ideal. Sometimes if it's a small bug, or I'm just corroborating someone else's but, I'll just confirm that I have gone through their steps and achieved the same results, and just type it normally. But however you report it, just be clear, concise, and give detailed repro steps.
Hi Jacob, Favored Enemy and Natural explorer arre feature from the class not the sub-class. At lvl 1 charactermancer have the options to select favored enemy and natural explorer, but if you have Tasha's source book enable you will also have as an option favored foe and def explorer. The problem is that charactermancer have them all as an option, you as a player need to select one of the two, as rule as written Favored enemy and Favored foe can not be at the same time on the character. same thing for Natural explorer and favored foe. example of how I create your situation: I create a lvl 1 character ranger. during the feature selection I select favored foe and Def explorer (Meaning, I left blank my selection for Favored enemy and Natural explorer at lvl 1). After that, I lvl up till lvl 6, if I select a monster for favored enemy and a land for natural explorer at lvl 6 when I left blank this option at lvl 1, charactermancer will not create the lvl 6 character because is confuse.    The real question will be at lvl 1 did you select favored enemy or favored foe, Natural explorer or def explorer?