Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Player(s) able to see all light sources.

Edited 1651493516
Hi all, Since the end of my last session one of my players has been able to see all of the light sources on a battlemap, regardless of line of sight, or whether they have a token that they control and has Sight enabled on the map. This applies both to tokens which emit light, and to object on the dynamic lighting layer which emit light. When I use Ctrl + L to view what their character token can see, Roll20 tells me they I cannot see the same light sources. This bug began after the player missed a session and their character progressed through two maps of a dungeon without the player being logged into Roll20. It only appears to apply to the two maps that their token progressed through (the first two floors of Forge of Fury). If I load a blank map and test dynamic lighting, or test other maps from the same adventure that the player hasn't seen yet, this bug does not occur. Below are some screenshots of the bug in action. What my player sees: What Ctrl + L says they can see (what they're supposed to see): Dynamic Lighting + Light Settings: This bug appears to be causing some secondary issues where Explorer Mode is not working correctly Player standing inside a room: Player's view of the room when empty If they move their token around the map it will occasionally flicker and show them the empty, explored room, only to revert back when they next move their token.
A couple of ideas. Make sure the player isn't listed in the "Controlled By" field for that light source. Also, does the problem persist if you remove the lighting lines you added? (Duplicate the map, then delete the lines on the duplicate and test on the duplicate)
Hmm seems like someone else is seeing this as well: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10223955/dynamic-lighting-updates-bugs-and-feedback/?pageforid=10844620#post-10844620" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10223955/dynamic-lighting-updates-bugs-and-feedback/?pageforid=10844620#post-10844620</a>