Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

More Space Please

Score + 29

Edited 1651665114
Why is this still not a thing in 2022? I run multiple campaigns where I'm uploading animated assets and music. 6gb for $100/year is not working folks, please increase it. Even Google gives us 15gigs...for free.
Yeah, it's pretty silly that subscribers need to find workarounds to link out to external sites that give better data storage for free.

Edited 1652220857
100%. It's the most simple fix and space is the cheapest thing in the IT world.
Gold
Forum Champion
FWIW roll20 has recently posted on another thread, said they are looking into this

Edited 1652444267
Gold said: FWIW roll20 has recently posted on another thread, said they are looking into this When I see an official announcement I will believe it. Right now, an infinite amount of space is available for assets purchased on the marketplace. So the only conclusion is they want us spending money there and NOT uploading our own assets. If that's the case you will see more and more people migrating to other platforms. I run multiple campaigns and cannot be forced to agonize over what MP3s or animated files to keep to stay under 6 gigs. We should NOT be asked to rob Peter to pay Paul for $100/year.
+1 I currently have an openworld campaign active, lately I've been using every possible method to reduce image loss ... At the moment I use 5.5 Gb, and I'm only talking about Png and Jpg tokens ... for music I use a bot, but I must say that I would love to be able to use animated maps, but unfortunately they require too much space ... Gold said: FWIW roll20 has recently posted on another thread, said they are looking into this could you share the link please?
+1
It really makes no sense that space is so limited. Any group with multiple campaigns is hamstrung by it. +1
+1
There's two threads for this atm, moving my vote to here. Hotmail has been giving more storage for free for decades... -.- Maybe add an unlock system for perks to those buying unincomplete modules from the Marketplace?
Gold
Forum Champion
Sure, Xhan, I saw that in the PRO forum.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10839470/any-chance-we-can-pay-for-more-storage/?pageforid=10842357#post-10842357" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10839470/any-chance-we-can-pay-for-more-storage/?pageforid=10842357#post-10842357</a> May 02 (2 weeks ago)&nbsp; Morgan B. Roll20 Team said: Hey folks!&nbsp; I'm glad the storage chart is helping out.&nbsp; We're definitely looking at storage quantities right now and considering options for expanding the space available.&nbsp; We should be ready to announce something in that area in the next couple of months.&nbsp;&nbsp; Xhan D. said: Gold said: FWIW roll20 has recently posted on another thread, said they are looking into this could you share the link please?
Thank you Gold Gold said: Sure, Xhan, I saw that in the PRO forum.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10839470/any-chance-we-can-pay-for-more-storage/?pageforid=10842357#post-10842357" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10839470/any-chance-we-can-pay-for-more-storage/?pageforid=10842357#post-10842357</a> May 02 (2 weeks ago)&nbsp; Morgan B. Roll20 Team said: Hey folks!&nbsp; I'm glad the storage chart is helping out.&nbsp; We're definitely looking at storage quantities right now and considering options for expanding the space available.&nbsp; We should be ready to announce something in that area in the next couple of months.&nbsp;&nbsp; Xhan D. said: Gold said: FWIW roll20 has recently posted on another thread, said they are looking into this could you share the link please?

Edited 1652887333
Thanks for that post Gold. That response by them is pretty vague and ambiguous. Increasing space should be easy and on the immediate roll-out of items for users. If you can't use the platform because of artificial constraints, then you have no choice but to find another tool.&nbsp; I would definitely like to see an official response in this thread.
+1
+1 I am only a Plus account user, but the single campaign I have run so far I have 1.4gb used. Storage is so cheap. At my work, we provide SSD storage at our private datacenter for our clients for less than $0.10/gb/mo (still overpriced). At least offer an option to purchase more for a reasonable amount. Right now even a Pro level account is not attractive in the long run to anyone that runs more than 3 homebrewed campaigns.
Crit Hit Brit
Plus
Marketplace Creator
+1