Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pop up blocker blocked a monster and now I can't pull it out of compendium

For some reason, my pop up blocker decided to block a monster token that I tried to pull out of my compendium.  I clicked on the blocker in the browser tab and told it to allow pop ups from Roll20, even though I've never had a problem with it before.  Now though, any time I pull out that monster, it comes out with a generic token, and I can't access it's stat page.  I tried clearing my cache, no avail.  Any other suggestions?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Andrew! Check your journal tab for an existing copy of the monster. That should be what's causing problems. If the original pull got malformed, subsequent pulls from the Compendium won't overwrite an existing monster in the game of the same name. This is to protect homebrews and modifications. Once you have deleted the bad copy (assuming this is the cause), you should be able to pull in a proper copy from the Compendium.
keithcurtis said: Hi Andrew! Check your journal tab for an existing copy of the monster. That should be what's causing problems. If the original pull got malformed, subsequent pulls from the Compendium won't overwrite an existing monster in the game of the same name. This is to protect homebrews and modifications. Once you have deleted the bad copy (assuming this is the cause), you should be able to pull in a proper copy from the Compendium. That's a winner, thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Cool!