Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DND Beyond Becoming Part Of WOTC and Roll20 Compatibility

With the conversion of DND Beyond now becoming a part of the WOTC family, will it make it to where any books we bought through DND Beyond be compatible with Roll20 now? Or will we still have to buy a new book on Roll20 if we prefer the map system and everything through it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Roll20 and WotC are entirely different companies. Neither WotC nor D&D beyond have ever offered any kind of  joint purchase deal like that. The print book you buy from WotC, and the copy on D&DBeyond may someday be linked, but although they share content, there is a huge amount of work turning one into the other. And a completely different (and much more involved) amount of work to turn it into something that Roll20 can use. That's a question for WotC to answer. The only deal like this that exists that I am aware of is the Paizo program that gives you discounts on purchases of the title in different forms. But again, that's Paizo's program. But I am not a representative of any of these companies, just a user going by past statements and practices. Hopefully a Roll20 rep will give an authoritative answer.
Keith has the right of it! We are very happy for our friends at D&D Beyond and Wizards of the Coast for their announcement! However, as Roll20 and D&D Beyond remain separate companies and thus purchases on our respective marketplaces do not overlap, this announcement does not change that in any way. We will continue publishing official D&D content that you've come to know and love on Roll20 - with complete VTT integration for a fully immersive experience, including DM tools, maps with dynamic lighting, rollable tables and macros, drag-and-drop character sheet integration and more!

Edited 1652923389
DnDPlay20
Pro
Marketplace Creator
All we need is for WotC to purchase Roll20 and merge everything! But seriously, someone once mentioned to me that there was a discount code in the Essentials Boxed Set to use on DnDBeyond, but I never bought it to find out. I own it here though.