Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

That annoying noob question ......

Hiya Guys, I have literally just this afternoon moved to PRO subscription because I wanted to utilise the API's that some people rave about :) Putting an API into a game using the API scripts drop down selection on the settings page couldn't be easier. The one that I want isn't on there though :( It's the Wild Shapes API by Angelo. I have NO idea how to get that into my game and wondered if anyone could take me by the hand and show me please :)
OR, of course, point me in the direction of some arcane tutorial on this black magic art :)

Edited 1651958907
If a script isn’t in the one-click, then you have to install it manually using the ‘New Script’ button at the end of your list of APIs.&nbsp; Then you need to find the code for an API script and paste it into the black command terminal above the API Output Console and give it a name. This is the same as using the ‘Import’ feature of a script in the one-click dropdown.&nbsp; Most script authors paste the entirety of their scripts in forum posts, or link to GitHub or some other repository. It’s always helpful to click on the ‘Raw’ button in the repository so you can quickly select-all of the code and paste it into the Roll20 New Script terminal.&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/API:Use_Guide" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/API:Use_Guide</a>

Edited 1651959102
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Looks like the latest version that was uploaded to the official Roll20 script repo is here . No idea if there is a more recent one floating around somewhere. That implies that it should be on one-click. You could always manually install it, described here &nbsp;(2nd bullet pt). EDIT - it shows up on 1-click for me. It's under "D&amp;D 5e - Wildshape". Maybe you searched for "Wild Shape" (with a space)?