Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Stuck in loading screen

Me (Gm) and my players wanted to start our Session and are stuck on the loading screen. Did try everything but nothing changes. Tried new game, cleared chache etc etc. Every Player is experiencing it. Pls help :(
I am having this issue as well. Any page with dynamic lighting on is broken.

Edited 1652118139
Aly
Plus
Came to post the same thing. As Dave mentioned, if you turn off dynamic lighting it's no longer an issue. Otherwise, you'll be indefinitely seeing the loading overlay. 
Our game loads, but the maps never come up....just a black screen (you can see the turn indicator, the chat works, etc.).  Everything worked until approx 11:50 central time.  After that, maps do not load for any player logging in after that time.  If you were logged in and were able to see the maps, and then logged out and back in, you no longer can see the maps.   Must be some outage with Roll20 that isn't on the Status indicator page (status.roll20.net)
Yeah i turned off dynamic lighting and it works
Yep, myself and all my players are experiencing this too.  It's been happening for at least 20 minutes.  I don't know if it helps, but I'm located in the Northwest United States.
Cyrens Maps
Marketplace Creator
Same in Sweden!
Yeah, turn off dynamic light and work, BUT I PAY FOR DYNAMIC LIGHT. I think all, Roll20 SOLVE PLS.
Also experiencing in the UK... understand dynamic lighting can be turned off, but like it's already been said above, I pay for that, and would like the feature to work and not break the site... needs a fix asap
DnDPlay20
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Turning off Dynamic Lighting fixes it...but if you turn it on, same issue. I agree, please fix this, Roll20. I don't want my players seeing everything.
For those panicking, there is old school fog of war available in the meantime. Just flip it on and manually reveal spots you want players to see. Not ideal, but better than nothing.
Hi everyone! We are looking into this issue now and will drop updates as soon as we have further information!
Came to post the same info. Not ideal....
RockNRole said: For those panicking, there is old school fog of war available in the meantime. Just flip it on and manually reveal spots you want players to see. Not ideal, but better than nothing. I agree, but if I pay for something I want them to give me the service for which I am paying.
Glad it's not just me but having the same issue.
Same here
Hi everyone! Games should start loading for everyone once again -- sorry for the trouble! You should simply need to refresh the game to load up. If that does not work, we recommend clearing your cache/cookies and giving it another go. Lastly, if you still need assistance, reach out to us via Roll20.net/help