Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFGM][LFG] Looking to play some Shadowrun. Prefer SR5.

Edited 1657572730
Dave
Pro
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read my little advertisement here. I know that Shadowrun is not the most popular system out there, especially for people trying to run it. It's complicated, has many quirks, but despite all that? I still love it. It has just the perfect blend of what I want in a game. And ultimately, I really want to play!   About me: Early 40's, LGBT+ friendly/ally, fairly experienced in both rpg's and Shadowrun as a whole. Well, I'm mostly experienced with 3rd and 5th editions of Shadowrun. I would love a game where there is more than just the mission. Let's explore downtime, let's get into character backgrounds, etc etc. But also, of course lets do the run as well! I tend to play Awakened characters, but recently I have been kinda wanting to try out a Technomancer. I am rather open though.   Scheduling: I am EST, though I tend to be a night owl. I'm good with a game starting around 7pm EST, plus or minus an hour-ish. Could go a bit later, depending on the game and night. I am available any night other than Monday or Wednesday nights. Have previous commitments there (IE: those are the nights I run my own games).   One last thing. I want to play Shadowrun. I'm not really interested in playing Shadowrun using another system. I know there are some amazing conversions out there, but right now they are not what I am looking for. My ideal would be 5th edition, followed by 3rd edition. I have to admit, 6th edition just looks terrible to me. As well, I am looking to play as close to the story/world of Shadowrun. I'm more than happy to overlook or ignore some of the metaplot (Looking at you CFD), but I'm not looking for a...let's say Shadowrun on Mars. Or something that strays super far away from the game as a whole. Oh! And I am only looking for a voice game. Sorry, play by post never worked for me.   I know this is a lot to ask, but I just really would love to play some Shadowrun again. I'm a long time GM, just looking to play his favorite game.
Giving this a bump.
Bumping this up again.  Just would love to play some Shadowrun.
Bump.
Any luck?  I've been jonesing to play Shadowrun 5 recently 
Unfortunately, none at all.
Clarification: are your looking to play it or are you looking to run it?
For your clarification: I would love to play some Shadowrun (SR5, particularly) but, there might be a possibility I could run it if no one else is willing. I'm free every day of the week but not the weekends. Any time of day too. I've been dying to do some shadowrun for sometime now.
Alan Grimm said: For your clarification: I would love to play some Shadowrun (SR5, particularly) but, there might be a possibility I could run it if no one else is willing. I'm free every day of the week but not the weekends. Any time of day too. I've been dying to do some shadowrun for sometime now. I'm only looking to play at the moment.  I've already got a couple of games that I am running, and just don't have the time to devote to prep/design/etc another game.
Fair enough. hm. well, if we can get enough people I might be able to do the running. I'm part of three games a week atm. one of them I run, but I might be able to swing another game to run.
Getting players would be the easy part.  There is a surprising amount of interest in Shadowrun, just not many people running it.
That's a good point. hypothetically, what day/time should we do this?
Ditto! I would love to join, but sadly I think a more experienced player would be a more welcome addition if anything. As it stands, I still need a bunch of touching up to get a handle of the mechanics.
Going to give this a bump.
Still very much looking.
Hey, I am a complete newbie to shadowrun, I have a hardcopy of the 5th edition rules I've leafed through but never dug into because I don't have a group. If we can get interest, I could try gming a simple scenario. Let me know what you think.