Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Dragon Creator for D&D 5e

Edited 1652960423
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Alright, so recently a friend of mine who often runs Games requested I make him an API for creating Dragons as he uses a lot of them in his Campaigns. So, here it is. An original written by myself. Feel free to expand upon it as you see fit. Just please credit me if you publish it. Github Repository Features So in this API you will be able to fully customise your Dragons. Whether it's Name, Gender, Size, Type, Personality etc. This Creator has it all! I only used the material provided by official Sources. If you would like a Version where other Dragons, Personalities etc are included as well, simply shoot me a PM or open a Request on GitHub. How to Use: Here you can find a quick Guide on how to use the Dragon Creator. When you type !creator , the following Menu will be sent: Here you can change everthing about your Dragon. If you click on the button next to Name, there will be a Pop-up Menu where you can Input a new name. If you click on the button next to Gender, there will be another Pop-up Menu where you can select between "Male", "Female" and "Random". "Random" will just pick between Male and Female randomly. If you click on the button next to Type & Size, there will be two Pop-up Menus. The first one lets you select the Type while the second one lets you select the Size. Both also have the Random Option. Next, if you click on the "Create a Dragon" Button, there will be multiple Prompts. The first will ask you for the Terrain. Then there will be a message in Chat with a Button labelled "Set Type". Click on the Button and it will give you another Prompt. This time you will only be able to choose from the types of Dragons commonly found in the Terrain you specified earlier or you can select "Random". After choosing, there will be another message in Chat with a Button labelled "Set Size". Click on the Button and it will give you a Prompt where you can choose a size or you can choose "Random". Lastly there's the "Roll Personality" Button. This Button will only work properly if you have first selected a Type and Size. Once you click on the Button, there will be a message in Chat with another Button labelled "Set Personality". Once you click on this Button, it will give you a Prompt, where you can choose from many different Traits, Ideals and Connections or you can choose "Random" for all of them. Next there's the "Generate Name" button. This will generate a random name for your dragon. If you want a Custom name, you can always change it by clicking the Button next to Name. There's also the "Generate Hoard" button. This will generate all the money and items in your Dragon's Hoard. Finally, the "Show Dragon" Button. This will show you the Current Dragon that you have but in a prettier format. Here's an Example of what it would look like: In Version 1.5 this will instead create a Handout.
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
UPDATE Added a Hoard Generator squashed some bugs GitHub Repository
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
HOTFIX Fixed an issue where too many mundane items would be generated Fixed an issue where the amount and value of gems wouldn't be shown Fixed an issue where too many magic items would be generated Fixed an issue where the amount and value of art objects wouldn't be shown GitHub Repository
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
UPDATE Updated the Gem and Art Object Generation to include the types of Gems and Art Objects squashed some bugs GitHub Repository
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Handout Update The "Show Dragon" Button now instead generates a Handout GitHub Repository
Julexar
Pro
API Scripter
Minor Update Replaced the old names with the names from the Sourcebooks This Change applies to Version 1.6 only GitHub Repository