Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tokens Visible When moving in Dynamic Lightning even when they would not be in complete darkness.

I was having a combat where darkness and visibility was a major component of the fight, where enemies would frequently move around outside the players vision and evade their senses. So I turned on the Dynamic Lightning. And the players all told me, that anytime I moved a Token, they could see their exact movement. I find no documentation about this, I found no way to turn it off. I can't reproduce it on my own, but my players insist it was happening consistently when I moved enemy Tokens, and they all use different setups and browsers.

Edited 1652570053
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hard to tell without seeing your page and token setups. At a guess, I'd say check the permissions on those NPCs.  If you want to test a player view so you can quickly make adjustments and try out settings, my advice is to use a  Dummy Account . That way you get a true player view, which Ctrl-L does not grant. It's even more accurate than Rejoin as Player.
Another possibility is that if the token was moved from an area of light into darkness it is likely to remain visible until it is dropped (in the dark area), at which point the lighting characteristics for that token should update.
If you're pressing q/right clicking and moving tokens with waypoints the path might be visible.  I don't think dynamic lighting blocks the ruler.