Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

All my settings are not saved

I'm trying to configure my profile and game settings and none can be saved, it always goes back to default. I've already changed browsers, reset cookies and history, removed all extensions, I don't know what's going on, but I think it's something with my account. i need help please.

Edited 1652641096
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Pretty sure changing game settings (like default character/token/map settings) only affects those object created after the settings are changed. For example, if you change the default npc whisper settings from "never whisper" to "whisper toggle", any sheets currently in your journal will still have the old settings, but new entries will use the new settings. Is that the case with you, or are you seeing some other behavior?  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also, the different sections of the game settings page have different save buttons, each at the bottom of their section. I don't remember testing, but it's always been my impression that game, compendium and sheet sections save separately.
David M. said: Pretty sure changing game settings (like default character/token/map settings) only affects those object created after the settings are changed. For example, if you change the default npc whisper settings from "never whisper" to "whisper toggle", any sheets currently in your journal will still have the old settings, but new entries will use the new settings. Is that the case with you, or are you seeing some other behavior?   My problem is not inside the game itself, but outside it, on the game settings page, where I can't change from feet to meters, and in my account settings, I can't change her language.
keithcurtis said: Also, the different sections of the game settings page have different save buttons, each at the bottom of their section. I don't remember testing, but it's always been my impression that game, compendium and sheet sections save separately. Yes I already noticed this and tried to save in different sections, even so it never saves and always goes back to defaults.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Not sure what's going on, since it's not a commonly reported problem. You could try experimenting again in a private browsing window. If they still don't save, your best bet is a  Help Center Request , to get developer attention.
Kittzu said: keithcurtis said: Also, the different sections of the game settings page have different save buttons, each at the bottom of their section. I don't remember testing, but it's always been my impression that game, compendium and sheet sections save separately. Yes I already noticed this and tried to save in different sections, even so it never saves and always goes back to defaults. Do you delete your Cookies / clear your Browser Cache after closing the Browser or on a regular basis?