Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Set up tokens on the character sheet

It would be much easier if it were possible to create a token on the actual character sheet and be able to set whether it is a PC or NPC (so the hp changes carry over to the character sheet) or a monster (so that multiple tokens of the same thing don't affect each other. It's just a bit clunky setting up a character sheet, then uploading a token, then setting up the token settings, then reopening the character sheet to upload the token.
This would be soo useful. Especially being able to have, say total hp tied to the sheet but each token track separately.
If you drag a character image to the map, you can set it up the way you want and then set it as default token for this character sheet. Then all you need to do is drag it to the map and you have the default token you created earlier. If you have multiple tokens for one sheet you need to set the bars to "none" for each token so that you can manage tokens separately...
This is one of those "would be nice" features. It would be cool to see it get an update, but at the moment all these things are possible by editing the token in the VTT and uploading it to the character sheet. There are much bigger Roll20 UI issues I'd like to see implemented before this is tackled.
Of course there are other ways to do it, but that doesn't make this a bad idea.  As the OP said, the current method is clunky, particularly the distinction between PC/Monster (not to mention that token sizes based on sheet data would be so much better than remembering how many squares/hexes this particular size of monster occupies).  Dropping a png graphic on the sheet to create the token would also let players customize their token, the way they can their portrait, rather than having to mail a png to the DM and asking "can you please re-do all your work for this new one I found?". The DM needs to be able to modify the token once it's dropped on the map (I frequently adjust auras on my players' tokens, for example, and I play a Rune Knight in 5E and my DM has to adjust the token's size every time I invoke Giant's Might).  But setting up the defaults automatically? Very nice to have. +1
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .