Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Wand of Magic Missile (DnD 5e)

I might be missing something, but Roll20 has the Wand of Magic Missile listed as you can expend '  1 to 3 of the wand's  Charges .' Every other source I'm checking doesn't put a limit on the number of charges to expend at once (up to the 7 it holds, obviously). Has there been an update to the source that I'm missing somewhere?
That out of date "1 to 3 of the wand's charges" definition seems to come from the old Basic Rules PDF and maybe the original 5e Starter Set. Nice catch.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It looks to me like that version of the item comes from the Lost Mine of Phandelver. When you are looking at a Compendium page, there is a selector at the top to choose its origin. A lot of SRD stuff is outdated, but cannot legally be changed (the SRD has not been updated by WotC in years and must be used in its current state).
I never realised there was a selector to choose the source - every day is a school day! Thanks.