Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 terribly slow

Hello, i have a problem. Recently, (2 weeks ago) when i load one of my games, all of my pages are loading slooooowwwwly. I need to wait like 5min for a background image to load. Same thing with the tokens i drag on the map (already in my library), need to wait 10sec for them to appear. In years of roll20, this never happened to me ! It's always been super fast, but since 2 weeks it's no longer the case. It's not my connection, I have fiber and I've never changed it. Hope someone can help me to understand what's happening. The case is happening to all of my games, so its not a "game" problem. Thank you ! 
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Don't know why, but I had this happen to me a while ago to a varying degree. I ended up making a copy of the game and poof everything was back to normal. Not sure if it will help you, and reinstalling all my api scripts was a bit of a pain, but something you might want to try if it persists.  Then, for maintenance folks will advise that it's always a good idea to keep a lean "live" game and a separate "archive" game, using transmogrifier to shuffle objects in and out. Using the std archive feature just hides objects and doesn't prevent those objects from loading every session.
David M. said: Don't know why, but I had this happen to me a while ago to a varying degree. I ended up making a copy of the game and poof everything was back to normal. Not sure if it will help you, and reinstalling all my api scripts was a bit of a pain, but something you might want to try if it persists.  Then, for maintenance folks will advise that it's always a good idea to keep a lean "live" game and a separate "archive" game, using transmogrifier to shuffle objects in and out. Using the std archive feature just hides objects and doesn't prevent those objects from loading every session. Thank you for your answer, i'll try something from what you told me, hope it fixes it :p

Edited 1653647195
The last 2 days has been ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE with lag, connection problems, and glitches. What's going on? I assume giving 2 months of free pro service is JUST TOO MUCH for the servers on roll20 to handle. Will this be fixed or handled in some way, I've never had such problems with roll20, but I'm getting sick of it. You then wonder why people are leaving and going to FOUNDRY instead.... (Pulling my hair out)
DnDPlay20
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I hate Foundry...and it is much more demanding than Roll20. That said, refreshing the tab always seems to help me. If you have large maps and pages, that could be why. I've also noticed that the more content in a campaign, the more slowly it runs.