Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

SRD, character sheets, tokens

I am looking into every tutorial and forum and I cannot figure out how to get tokens to attach with character sheets, populate NPC sheets from SRD or anything else. It seems as though everything I am seeing it different than what I am getting what I attempt the exact same steps.  I have been trying to attach a specter information from the SRD into a character sheet and attach it to a token but I have been unable using every method I have seen described. Any help would be appreciated.
What steps are you doing?  What you should be doing: 1. Click on the Compendium tab. 2. Search for "Specter" 3. Drag the "Specter" name out onto the VTT.  You will get a 'token' that has a generic blank 'meeple' image (which you can just delete if you are planning on using a different token).  You should also get a "Specter" character automatically added to the Journal tab when you do this. 4. Pull a token image onto the VTT for the Specter. 5. Double click on the image token to open the token settings.  Change the 'Represents Character' to the Specter character. 6. Adjust whatever other token settings the way you want them to be (bar location, linked bars, vision, etc.) 7. Open up the Specter Character sheet and click on the Edit button.  Make sure the Specter token is selected and set it as the default token. (This is an important step, and needs to the the last one you do , as the default token is saved exactly how it is at this point.  If you make any changes to the token after saving it as the default, those changes will not be saved to the default until you take this last step again to resave the current token as the default.)
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Step 0.  Be sure you don't already have a sheet named Specter in your journal.  The compendium won't overwrite an existing sheet.
I have followed all the steps listed but I don’t know how to open the Specter character sheet. I can’t do anything to the Specter tab that was created in my journal except move it around.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If you click on the name in the journal, it doesn't open up the sheet?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This video might help demonstrate? Roll20TnT Linking Tokens and Journals
Kraynic said: If you click on the name in the journal, it doesn't open up the sheet? I got that figured out. It was being blocked by my Pop-up blocker and I have had success with animated armor getting the information to populate but the specter only filled in the Bio&Info tab
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
A screenshot would be helpful to figure out what's going on. It sounds like you may have created a game without choosing a default character sheet.