Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Marketplace Rating System - the time has come!

Score + 22
In nearly every corner of the web, you can review services, businesses, products.  It's become where many of us go to review sites first to research a purchase - we rely on communal input to make product decisions. The Roll20 Marketplace needs this.  A simple 5-star rating system (along with a brief commentary for why) on products would give buyers far more confidence to buy, and it would give sellers valuable feedback on how their products are doing, and where they can be improved.  It would improve the sense of community, where you could find folks with like-minded product preferences and leverage their experience.
I absolutely agree with this, especially as prices are being increased across the Marketplace. Unfortunately, the product view in Marketplace is often far too limited to really know what you are buying (I understand not allowing people to screen cap everything). I have purchased some really great content (modules, one-shots, etc.) and been snookered on others. At least many of the Marketplace graphic assets show you what you will get.Then I can decide if the images meet what I need and if I am getting enough for the price. I know that there are a lot of Marketplace vendors that are giving their best, but much like books on Amazon, it is clear there are some who are just working the system. To date, on the couple times I was truly disappointed, Roll20 was kind enough to refund the purchase. But I know a fellow new GM and checked his wish-list. I was going to give him a starter gift and spotted a game aid that I had purchased once. I dropped a note to him explaining that I personally found it was a cheap, web-scraped, and mostly useless resource that I had returned 10 minutes after buying it. But the page for it was a marketing success. I have seen it a couple times since and click on it, then remembering it. If I had given it as a gift, I am not sure how it could have been refunded or if he would even think to tell me that it failed to meet expectations since it was a gift. I would like to see the rating tied with some form of rationale (not just blank spamming 5s & 1s) and reviewed by the Marketplace admins so they can avoid trolls and inappropriate reviews, but I agree that some people need useful feedback; "Please don't sell a pencil drawn scribbles as "4 Incredible 30X30 maps with Dynamic Lighting" when most creators take the time to give you a colored map" or "Hey, you included 5 NPCs that recur over and over. It would be great if they had more than a vanilla token (no stats, no image)". It would also help boost those who do great work like DMDave, Game Tile Warehouse, and others that I often find doing quality production work. If DrivethruRPG can do it and continue to thrive, I'd like to see Roll20 do so as well, especially if we will get to see and possibly buy home-brewed compendiums. May all your rolls be crit hits!
DM.J
Marketplace Creator
As a Small Creator i would Love to see this implemented. I always asked for feedback, advice, and overall Criticism(even non-constructive, i'm more than able to judge whenever it is trolling or not), but i don't have a reliable way to get it, i've left email adresses in my products, attempted to created discord servers, and such, but as a small creator, my reach is as myself, small. I'm, in a sense, new to the Art creation process as a job, and often found myself lost in what i could do to improve my work and sales. This could have made may journey to where i'm and my journey to where i want to be, a LOT easier.
I agree.&nbsp; Note that they have closed this down after 30 days several times.&nbsp; There is still one with 130+ votes which I think has a good chance of getting to the 200+ threshold to get noticed.&nbsp; I've you've voted here, please go to the other thread and cast your vote.&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1517626/marketplace-reviews-slash-ratings/?pageforid=11469035#post-11469035" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1517626/marketplace-reviews-slash-ratings/?pageforid=11469035#post-11469035</a>