Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll Query for Story Path System

I have been trying to figure out if there are any good roll querys out there that will work for the Storypath System. The thing that seems to be really causing me issues here is needing one success for every 8 and 9 but 2 success for a 10. Then if you get no successes at all and there's at least one, you're supposed to record a botch. This has been a really tough one for me to get my head around.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you have 3 results on a day (fail, success, double success on ten), you can do it with the dice mechanics. if there are 4 results (recording a botch), you can do it... kind of. First you need a roll like this: /roll ?{How Many Dice?|1}d10sa>10f<?{Target?|8} + ?{How Many Dice?} [[?{How Many Dice?|1}d10sa>10f<?{Target?|8} + ?{How Many Dice?}]] Both the above are different ways of representing the same roll, depending how you want to display it. The second version shows only the total successes, but you can hover your mouse over it to see the result. If there are no successes, and any ones, the result box will have a red border, so you can see instantly that you rolled a botch.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Which storypath system are you playing Paul?
I am currently playing They Came From Beyond the Grave. The character sheet out there does rolls but does not currently calculate correctly the totals, so I was trying to do some investigation on my own to see how to get the rolls to work before I dug in farther and saw if I could fix it myself.