Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

PLAYERS NEEDED! [Saturday] Experienced DM with Homebrewed world, character-based story!

Edited 1655453739
Hello one and all! My name is Brandon, and I am searching for some players for a weekly, or bi-weekly game in a homebrewed setting. We will play via Roll20, with voice through Discord. A large portion of the story will be created based on character motivations, to encourage engagement and intrigue! Schedule: Saturday night, beginning at 7p Central time. The game can be weekly or bi-weekly based on player availability. Games may be 3-4 hours, though I try my best to cap sessions at 3 hours to be respectful of your time. Experience: I have several years of experience with 5e D&D as a DM and player. My games are open to ALL experience levels, from evergreen newbies to the grizzled old dogs of TTRPG days gone by. The rules are important, though the rule of cool and fun are above all. I give all three pillars (puzzles, roleplay, combat) equal value and especially love character-based exploration in a safe game setting. Restrictions: There are none! All officially published races, classes, subclasses, backgrounds, etc. are allowed. If you find an intriguing piece of homebrew you would like to try out, send it my way and we can figure something that works! PvP is strictly forbidden, unless predicated by in-game events (i.e., fight club or colosseum events, friendly skirmishes, etc..) Generally, your character should be happy to work as a team. Lone-wolves, traitors, and PC party thieves are discouraged but I'm happy to work with your ideas. Application: Please share with me as much of the following information you would like to share. What you would like to be called, preferred pronouns, game experience, your favorite kind of character or favorite 5e class, what you enjoy in a game of D&D, etc.. Honestly, whatever you wish to share. I'm happy to find time for a one-on-one chat as well! In a world shaped by magic, anything is possible! The infinite potential of its philosophers write and rewrite the course of history while nefarious plans are hatched behind the scenes. Who among you will claim their rightful spot in history? Who will write stories of legendary heroes told through generations? The world of Imminar awaits.
Hello! I'd love to join this game. My name is Bear, she/he, been playing for 6 years and DMing for a few months. I LOVE playing Paladins but want to branch out and try something new- I've never played a primary spellcaster before. I enjoy story-driven games and roleplay. I live in EST timezone and am free on Saturdays. My Discord is shibboleth#0984- feel free to message me here or there! Thank you!
Hi! This sound awesome to be honest and I'd love to play. The name's Veridanac.(Don't worry about pronunciation, nobody gets it right and that's how I like it ;p) Pronouns: Helium/Finnish gothic rockband (Sometime just dumbass works too) I don't have enough experience with D&D to have a favourite class and I tend to enjoy playing tricksters or honourbound "Savages"(think of vikings, celts and barbarians from Forgotten Realms). I have an idea for a homebrew class that I'd like to try but it's not a requirement. The best part of D&D for me is the options for storytelling that the game creates. The worst part is the time between sessions. My Discord is veridanac#9651
My name is Josh but most discord peeps call me Sleepie (discord username Sleepie#0542), you can call me he/him I'm at work right now so beware typo I have around 4;years of experience with dnd and I know how to play most classes like the back of my hand. I usually play whatever class or race I favor in the moment or I think could make for an interesting character, though I do lean towards scourge aasimar and halfling.  I'd love to be one of your players, please hit me up :DD 
Hello! I'm interested in being a player in this campaign. My name is Jarrett, my pronouns are he/him, and I've been playing 5e for around one or two years now. I can play just about any class decently, but I usually go for the muscle classes like Fighters and Barbarians, or a mix of muscle and magic like Paladins. Aside from D&D, I enjoy cooking, writing, fantasy, science fiction, and video games. My Discord is JERRETT4760#9735, feel free to DM me if you'd like to talk!

Edited 1655483306
Greetings Brandon, I am batshadow and prefer to be called by my screen name, He/Him. My game experience is very little due to my friends making campaigns then no one showing up for more than half the sessions. However I have listened to quite a few 5E campaigns while I work so I won't be a complete nuisance to the party. My favorite class so far is the fighter because of how versatile it is, I love being able to go from swinging a Guts level greatsword to throwing axes 100 feet across the battlefield to stop fleeing enemies. What I enjoy about D&D the most is definitely well done homebrew, the sheer amount of possibilities that can happen in a well done homebrewed world can have campaigns last several years instead of a couple months in a commercially done world. I've been dying to be in a D&D campaign that lasts more than 3 sessions and this one definitely is checking all the boxes for what I want. If you have any questions or would like me in your campaign my discord is battshadow#0666  and yes, I made that number myself for shits and giggles. Also, I already have a character and backstory made, I'll just need to make the character sheet and go over anything that might need changing with you before everything is set in stone.
Hey my names Cody (He/Him) and I have around 6 years of experience playing dnd, more specifically 5e. Hmmm trying to pick a favorite kind of character is difficult but I tend to lean towards magic oriented characters which is why Wizard, Bard and Sorcerer are my favorite classes to play. My favorite part of dnd is the roleplaying aspect due to being able to create fun and unique stories with each game based off how the group roleplays with each other and the dm. Honestly I'm just looking for a good group of individuals to play dnd with and hopefully this game could be just what I'm looking for. 
Hello, Brandon! Name's Sanya (she/her) and I'd love to be able to join in! I'm new to this whole DnD experience, so you might have to be a little patient with me sometimes, but I promise to give you as little trouble as possible My favorite classes are druids, bards and thieves, and the reason I'd wanna play is that I like to create characters and find roleplaying cool Discord is SanyaRedis#9134, my DMs are open if you want to talk!
Hi, Brandon!  My names Austin (He/Him) and i would love to join! I have been DM'ing a group since 2021 regularly every Sunday night and would love to have a chance to play. My Favorite Class is the monk, with the sun soul being my favorite subclass as it itches my DBZ itch.  my discord is Lux Is my Bae#5380 and would love a DM. 
Hey Brandon, This looks like exactly what I've been looking for! My name is Logan (he/him) and I've been a player for 3 years now, and have tried my hand at DM for a few different groups over that time as well. Favorite class is tough since I haven't had the chance to try all of them yet but I prefer classes with a good mix of martial, magic, and malleability since I love to add flavor to spells and attacks (druid, ranger, certain types of fighter, etc). I like customizing and doing just a smidge of homebrew to existing character options to fit my ideas and I love when characters feel like a part of the world around them. So far the games I've been a part of previously have been lacking in the latter, and I'm hoping to find what I'm looking for here. Feel free to message me here on Roll20 with any questions!

Edited 1655618735
Hello, I am interested in this game you are planning on running. The name is Vianca, I am a she/her in her 20s. I have had 3 years of constant almost weekly DnD 5e experience with some other TTRPGs sprinkled here and there. I also been in heavy role-play PbP games and westmarches since I am a huge fan of making characters with personalities and fit them into classes/subclasses that fit those characters. I’m very flexible in how I play the game, always willing to play a role that’s missing for the party; be it the tank, the support, the smarty pant, or the group face. I can make a serious character. I can make a whimsical character. Whatever I play, I’ll find a way to make it fit the setting while making them enjoyable for everyone. What I love about dnd and TTRPGs in general is that they can make a character’s past (backstory), present (choices), and future (consequences) matter in a fun interesting way as we collectively tell the story of our characters. If you wish for more talk, just PM if you are interested and we can chat through discord. As an important note, I'm looking for this game as a biweekly game on saturdays.
I am a total newbie to 5e and DND. I actually would love to find an every other week game as my schedule makes it impossible for me to do something weekly. I have done some story based rpg’s. I have dm’ed some powered by the apocalypse games years ago. Masks and monster hearts but never played dnd. Don’t know the classes well enough yet to pick a favorite but probably a healer or ranger class. Maybe a rogue. I Did just order the 5e core book bundle so when I look into the player guide I can give a better idea. A bit older then most gamers I would expect but still curious to really step into this world. 
Hi Brandon,  My name is Danny, I've been playing DnD on and off for 10 years. I've DM'ed a few campaigns and played in a bunch. I've played a range of characters from casters to melee, my favorite character I've played was a Necromancer wizard would dabbled in poisons and potions. I haven't played in a few years but I'm looking to join a group that enjoys a balance of RP and combat. I enjoy playing homebrew as things are random and there's no way of knowing what's coming. I've recently been looking up races and classes and would like to play a Tortle Barbarian. I'm ok with changing if the race doesn't fit. I have Saturdays off so I can stick around as long as needed. Look forward to hearing from you! 
Looks like you got lots of interest! Let me throw one more into the fire. My name is Biscotti or Seth, whichever works. My pronouns are he/him. I'm currently a college student, and haven't played DnD sense high school. I've always been character focused, but have never found a group that shared the same values. I'd love a shot at a longterm game, to really test my skills, and figure out which type of character I like playing best! I also am so intrigued to see more experienced players in a game, as in my prior games we were all pretty new and/or not taking it seriously. I do appreciate being able to utilize character elements for roleplay, like how their history plays into their current skills, or if their personality would conflict with the plot. I do have a discord if you'd like to chat, let me know! 
Hello, Brandon! My name is John, or Hal, whatever sticks first. I use He/Him pronouns. I've spun around the sun 28 times and I'm coming up on my 29th. I've been playing DnD for about twelve years now, most of which has been spent with 5e, with one to two games in that timespan. I'm more than happy to help any new players with character creation, fleshing out character traits, etc. I'm a former professional gambler turned conservation biology student hoping to stave off the degradation of our natural world just a little bit longer. I love spending time outdoors hiking, kayaking, and doing light bouldering. I like creating my character's as personalities and concepts that I frame mechanics around to enrich role-play and narrative immersion. As such, my favorite aspects of TTRPGs in general are role-playing and narrative gameplay. I love using descriptions of what my character looks like performing an action, or reacting physically to an event, how they utilize their magic, how the magic manifests itself, etc, and I love sharing moments of rich role-play with other players that create those true party bonds that make your character want to go against their very nature even to protect each other.
Heyo! This sounds like it'd be a pretty cool game! I want in too!   My name's T/Riq and I go by he/they! I have a moderate amount of game experience (in which I've played a few games before but they got cancelled cuz group plans fell out (so mostly beginning-amateur level). I am however a quick learner and I adapt really well to new situations! My favorite kind of character type in DnD tends to lean more into two variations. Either the smart, sarcastic group parent trying to keep things together for themselves while living a decently acceptable life or charismatic shit-starters who put the gay in "be gay, do crimes". My fave classes to play tend to be wizard, warlock or bard! What I enjoy most in DnD is the story immersion and the scenarios we have to face. I love putting together puzzles and figuring things out but I'm also a big fan of roleplay in particular where I can build up storytelling moments and interactions! I honestly also like being able to experiment with the more creative ways I can add to a game that shakes things up! Hope to hear from you and I look forward to any chats you may want to have about more details!
Hi Brandon! Your game sounds like it'd be right up my alley, so I hope it's not too late to apply. My application is attached to Robin's, as we're both looking to play together right now. My name's Chava and I use she/her pronouns. I'm 28 years old and I've been playing DnD for just over 4 years now (as both a player and a GM.) I've played mostly one-shots, but I'm currently playing in one longform campaign that's been going on for about a year now! Our group is lovely, but I'm dying to meet new people and experience new worlds, y'know?  My favourite things about DnD (and TTRPGs in general) are the stories we create as a group and the characters we create. I tend to become heavily invested in the party and their characters. I'm an artist, so I usually do a lot of art and such for everyone because it thrills me to bring the cast to life in that way. I love creating characters both simple or complex and then exploring their personal narrative and how it fluctuates with the overarching story and the inter-party connections. My favourite class so far has been Cleric ( for the buffs and helping the party, ) but I'm looking to play a Warlock/Wizard for the RP potential! I lean towards making team players and optimistic extroverts, though I am looking to experiment. Having experience as both a player and a GM, I'd like to think that I'm good about taking hooks and hints. I know how hard it can be to set everything up behind the screen, so I always do my best to follow the GM's lead. DnD is a team game and I take that to heart. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck either way! My discord is Owlishink#6857
Hi! My name is Robin, I use she/her or they/them pronouns and I'm applying together with Chava c:  I've been playing dnd for around 4 years, all of it on roll20 and most of it as a DM, though I thoroughly enjoyed the few times I got to be a player! As a DM, I've mostly DM'd in Wildemount or homebrew settings, and I'm a huge fan of integrating player backstories into the larger plot. As a player, I love getting creative and working with my DM. I'm very focused on making sure everyone is having fun, so I love RPing with more shy players to get them out of their shell, taking a step back to let others shine when necessary, and making sure I don't accidentally step over anyone's lines. I dislike PvP and enjoy the collaborative aspect of DnD above all else and weaving a fun story together with everyone else. I tend to play support classes(artificer/bard/cleric) the most and tend to stick to spellcasters, but I'm always happy to try something new! My discord is tempestarii#5699 if you'd like to chat one on one c: and no matter if I get chosen or not, your campaign sounds awesome and I hope you'll have lots of fun with it!
Heya, I am Niko and am looking to game! A little bit about myself, I am from Ukraine and now live in the United States. I always felt disconnected from my peers due to cultural rigidity but tabletop games gave me a medium to connect to others and share experiences that multiple people create for one another. My experience is pretty extensive, having started with wargames like Warhammer pretty early on in my life. I really only got into the more roleplaying-oriented games like DnD a few years ago when one of my good friends had set out to DM a game for us as a one shot. It turned into a long, sprawling game that I still hold very fond memories of. I personally enjoy seeing other people grow and explore both their character and themselves through this game. I mean, hell,  3.5e was the first medium in which I questioned my own internal identity. The impact this game provides for people is incredible and I wish to both support that for others and to continue to explore that within myself. I am a former theatre kid turned dancer, so roleplay is something I love to participate in and bounce off of others. However, combat will hold a special place in my heart. Coming from wargames, I enjoy seeing my character grow as an individual and viewing the game tactifully and strategically from time to time. It is a very nice change of pace and tone to a constant roleplay and exploration phase. I personally would love to hear from you and good luck on your adventures! You can contact me on Discord via: Alltrex#4124
Hey, I'm Jay (him) and a longtime player and GM of many systems. I prefer lighter games with a focus on characters and their arcs and less attention paid to builds, stats, and math. My preferred characters are always grounded people who are appropriate for the story or for the agreed upon theme of the game. As recent examples, I've played as the protective, yet hot-headed older brother (with other PCs being methodical and fragile siblings) who is trying to hold the family together after their mother's death, an over-stressed and stern pirate captain who developed a religion to deal with the loss of his daughter to the sea in a Waterworld-esque setting, and homeless, apocalypse-sign carrying seer who abuses anti-psychotic medications to keep the visions at bay in a film noir superheroes settings. All my characters are built with strong ties to the world and hooks for the GM to use. I don't approach the game from a class-first perspective, but I guess my class preference are mechanically straight-forward ones. I spend a lot of time outdoors, so I can do justice to something like a ranger quite well but also like the idea of an unrepentant Paladin who has lost his faith. My favorite part of the hobby is the creativity of creation - to add to a setting, to build people and explore the character that I've created. My next favorite aspect would be the collaborative process of people working together to tell a story that is fresh and interesting. I am a film hobbyist, and have dabbled in cinematography, screenwriting, and fiction writing as overlapping skillsets for my roleplaying hobby. I also have a stable of voices and accents that I practice. I would like to have a one-on-one chat with you, and possibly any players that you've already brought onboard to see if we have similar styles and wants. You can check my profile for more info on me, and contact me on discord at Jay#2098
Hello, My name is Nick and I was curious fi you still had open spots for this game.  It sounds exactly like the type of campaign I am looking for. A bit about me, I am 38 with 6+ years of experience in 5e.  I work as an independent artist for animation and indie video games.  I love all things comedy, and have a healthy apetite for acting and roleplay.  I live on the east coast, so the time works perfectly for me. For games, I tend to lean towards stranger ideas and fill support/utility roles but am completely okay with flexing into any role needed.  What matters most to me is the characters, and I try to make them believable  and memorable.  I love games that incorporate character backstories into the larger narrative, as I feel this helps strengthen their ties to not only the other party members, but the world itself.  The collaborative storytelling nature is another one of my favorite aspects of D&D. Some of my pet peeves include being disrespectful of other people's times, which ensures that I let people know at the earliest chance I can if I will be unavailable for a week for whatever reason.  Lastly, things that don't make sense for a story (like deus machina ). I'd enjoy speaking with you more to find out if we are a better fit. My discord is Pumpernickel#2976. Thanks for reading.