Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Counter option

is there some option that allows me to create a thing for a counter for rounds/turns when something activates? like a turn order but just something seperate. I been looking but i dont see any and wonder if im just missing it.
Maybe if you give a little more context about what you’re trying to achieve or how the mechanic works it might be possible to give you other ideas. But from the first glance I think the Turn Tracker is exactly what you want to use. Why don’t you want to use it?
just something i can record how many rounds have passed for a spells duration turn tracker records just player turns for iniative.(or does it also do more?)
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
You can add custom turns and have them count up (or down) every time they come up in the order.  There are api scripts that make it easier, but you can add them manually too.
The Turn Tracker can be used for more than just token initiative. The Wiki has some great info on how to fully use it, such as adding custom items that are not linked to a token. Assuming you are the GM, then there are some scripts that can interact with the Turn Tracker and automate some things.  I use a couple of The Aaron's scripts:  AddCustomTurn  and  AddInvisibleCustomTurn , and others such as CombatMaster .  
The turn tracker is great, but if you dont want it cluttered up you can use token markers. Select a token and open up the markers. Instead of clicking one, hover over it and type a number. You will have to repeat this each turn to decrease the rounds remaining and it can only be a 1 digit number 

Edited 1655639360
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
If you really don't want to use turn tracker, you could drop a rollable table token on the map somewhere that has images of numbers on each side. Then you could either manually change the side or use a token-mod macro !token-mod --set currentside|+1  If 1-20 works for you the easiest thing would be to type /r 1d20 into chat, then drag the red d20 icon onto the map. Instant 20-sided token. Could use a similar token-mod macro to initialize it !token-mod --set currentside|1
David that was exactly what i needed thanks!

Edited 1655645631
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Great! For added ease, you could create a "character" called d20 or something and set the default token to that rollable table token (set to side 1 first). Then you could just drag it to the map from the journal instead of rolling in chat each time. Or, use the SpawnDefaultToken script to spawn it next to an existing token with a macro (on your macro bar).