Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [5e] Experienced GM for hire. Curse of Strahd, Rise of Tiamat, Princes of the Apocalypse, Yawning Portal, Baldur's Gate, Rise of the Drow, and/or Homebrew mixed in. DnDbeyond access to all resources, EST, Available Tuesday - Thursday 7PM - 10PM

Edited 1658751947
Hey all My name is Jesse and I've been DMing for over 7 years now since 5e came out. I have had many paid games throughout the years with 4 long term groups (2 paid, 2 friends (one of which is streamed on Twitch and Youtube)).&nbsp; About me: I'm a PhD student studying Molecular Genetics and am close to finishing (1-2 years to go). I live in Louisville KY and work on Eastern Standard Time. I'm a big fan of wood-working, bourbon, swimming, the Buffalo Bills, personal finance nerd, and of course, playing Dungeons and Dragons. I currently have 2 kids which makes my other hobbies difficult to pursue. They are generally in bed by 7pm which gives me a good window to lock myself in my sound resistant office and play!&nbsp; Here is a link to an interview I did about myself if you want to know more (you're welcome to look at the other interviews as well):&nbsp; <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn1WMIFVB50&amp;list=PLGnEjB346zvyqZbZzgKbuxDUS5LuvWm44" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn1WMIFVB50&amp;list=PLGnEjB346zvyqZbZzgKbuxDUS5LuvWm44</a> What I am looking for in a group:&nbsp; I love teaching new players how to play. I've taught all ages from teenagers to retirees. Many of the groups I've DMed for came to me as a group of friends or colleagues. Having a relationship already established made playing extremely easy in my opinion and would love a whole group to hire me. I do ask for everyone to wear a headset and be in a quiet place while playing. You'll need decent internet as we will be playing through Roll20 and Discord. My window of play is from 7PM - 10PM Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. I can start as early as late July / early August! (We are moving houses currently)&nbsp; &nbsp; What you get for hiring me: - My experience. I've been playing 5e for quite some time and am well versed in the rules as well as adjusted a few rules for better play.&nbsp; - Access to my entire DnDbeyond library. I have all the books, monsters, resources etc and you will have 24/7 access. Want to start your own home game? utilize this resource! Want to just read the books? You're welcome to it!&nbsp; - Any adventure you want. I've run many adventures but I'm not afraid to do something I've never done before! My favorites that I have a ton of experience in include: Rise of the Drow, Curse of Strahd, Princes of the Apocalypse, Rise of Tiamat, Lost Mines, Baldur's Gate, all the Yawning Portal adventures, several Candlekeep Mystery adventures and a whole lot of homebrew.&nbsp; - I have a Roll20 Pro subscription and know how to utilize all the fun tools. - I love homebrewing but I realize that it takes a ton of time! So I enjoy a mix of modules and homebrewing. I'll be sending you a Q&amp;A sheet about your character, backstory, hometown, how you want them to develop, etc. Not only does this help you flesh out your character but it gives me material to work with.&nbsp; - LGBTQ+ acceptance. We are here to play a fun game. Everyone should be welcome. I've dealt with jerks in the past and I am swift to talk to, or kick if matters do not resolve.&nbsp; - We can start at any level but I'd prefer to start around level 1 to 2. If you wish to have a high level campaign please communicate and we can work it out! I am well versed in Epic levels (21-30) from the 3rd party expansion book Epic Legacy. I love Epic campaigns however they require a lot more prep.&nbsp; - New to DnD? I LOVE teaching new players, I'll teach you everything from the roll20 interface, to DnDbeyond, to Beyond20 extension, to the rules of 5e, to different styles of play, and everything&nbsp; in-between. I've had wonderful success in teaching new players in the past and I know you'll enjoy the game in the first session. - Didn't like the first session? Don't have to pay!&nbsp; - I have many references of current and former players. Please don't hesitate to ask!&nbsp; &nbsp; Common Homebrew Rules you are welcome to use or not, don't be afraid to propose your own: Dying Breath action &nbsp;- Upon rolling 3 death fails, your character gets a rush of adrenaline. Immediately out of turn order, you can take 1 action. This action is up to DM interpretation when you ask for what you would like to do. For example: An attack on an enemy will always hit and always crit when using this action, you can bless an object with your remaining power until the end of the encounter, you can break through a wall allowing your allies to escape, this falls under the "Rule of Cool" and must be approved first by the DM before activating. If you are revived, you can't use this action again for 7 days.&nbsp; Potion Drinking &nbsp;- Drinking a potion is a bonus action. Administering a potion is an action. Prayer to the Gods &nbsp;- You can pray to your worshiped deity once per day by making a religion check. The DC is determined by your location, what you have done recently to potentially receive an answer, and DM's discretion. The response will be more emotional than verbal in description.&nbsp; NPC Boon&nbsp; - If an NPC is roaming with the party, they bestow a generalized boon on the party instead of rolling their own initiative and taking actions. This is to save on time and give the players more of the center stage. A boon could include a +1 to perception checks while in the underworld. a +1 to all melee combat attack rolls and damage rolls. Resistance to specific types of damages (like if the npc has a magical shield that they help guard you from fire damage or something), or negating damage in full once per encounter for a specific scenario such as pushing people out of the way of an incoming spell that requires a Dex save. This rule does not apply for specific NPC's All death saves are hidden Ritual Resurrection&nbsp; - After you are resurrected the first time, every subsequent resurrection will require a group check Religion DC 10, increasing by 5 for every additional resurrection. Upon a failure, your soul is lost to the afterlife for good. This only applies to the spells Raise Dead, Resurrection, and True Resurrection. Revivify may be used as often as you like as long as it is within its spells limitations and components are provided. Using Resurrection decreases the DC by 2. Using True Resurrection decreases the DC by 4. &nbsp; What it costs:&nbsp; $60 a session / $15 per person per session - You can have 1 person or many and split it between each other. You are paying for my experience in this domain, my prep, and access to DnDbeyond. I'd like to be paid after the session via Venmo or Paypal.&nbsp; &nbsp; Questions: Again I'm open to answer any questions you may have.&nbsp; Roll20's required payment disclaimer: "This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $60 per session or $15 per person per session via Venmo or Paypal. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements."

Edited 1658752396
Hey all, Just wanted to change the pricing a bit. I got a lot of PMs with individuals looking to pay per session. I generally didn't want to have individuals and would rather take friend groups from the start but many have requested a pay per session per person type deal. The reason I like per session payments is because I've had groups of only 2 or 3 people. These sessions are intimate, fast paced (because less people to argue a direction of where to go / what to do) and a bit more difficult to DM. If I do open it up to per session per person, I'd like a minimum of 4 people. I'd also be doing a quick interview with you just to be certain personality types wouldn't clash.&nbsp;
Hey all, Changed the pricing again! I'll admit I was asking a lot but I think that that is what I'm worth. Obviously the market dictates what this hobby is actually worth and I'm fine with that. Don't be afraid to haggle pricing details if you'd like!&nbsp;