Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP][18+][GMT+1][£8 per year][D&D 5E][Level20] Looking for a mature and experienced player for Monday evenings game UK time

Hi, I am looking for a mature (I am not talking about age) player to fill my table, I already have 5 but the 6th dropped for work reasons and I would like to replace him. We are based in the UK and play every Monday evening between 7 and 11pm. I require a person willing to commit and put aside other things in order to be present during every session, an emergency could happen but in general the campaign should have the priority. Thanks to this attitude, the campaign is running for almost 3 years, the party started at level 1 and they just reached level 20. The game is not beginner friendly. The players are collaborative and not murder hobos, they have fun moments followed by others where they need to be serious and aware of the dangers they face. We play the game as if it is a real world taking into account consequences, lore and avoiding metagaming. The game could be sometimes dark and disturbing but usually to communicate something to the party and trigger some reaction, not just for the sake of it. Saying that, the player should be prepared for it. I would like to have a person in line with all the things explained. I would say the game is 50/50 roleplay and combat, in some case we even had sessions without combats or combat lasting the whole session. The setting is the Forgotten Realms and to be more precise, the story takes place around the Moonsea. It is not required to have a deep knowledge about the setting (even though some little idea about what we are talking about it is appreciated) as long as when lore or knowledge is provided it is taken into account. The game runs using Zoom for the video call, Roll20 as virtual table of course, and Signal as a messenger to communicate between sessions. Your character start from level 20, race and class must be from the Player's Handbook no other books, no multiclass, human variant or feats and with the standard ability scores (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8 ). House rules and equipment will be discussed later on. This is roughly the plot: The evil god Bane seizes control of the Moonsea region. The cities and towns of the region are ripped from the earth, leaving only craters. Storms prevent entry to the region and darkness covers the sky at all times. Now Bane's followers work to amass armies that will pour forth from the Moonsea region to invade the rest of the Realms. Can a small party of mortals stop the plans of an evil god? I am part of a club that organises games online and IRL all around the country, so in case you are interested, to join the game is necessary to buy the annual membership. I do not receive any money from it, this supports the organization, the local communities and the website. Soon as you become a member, you are able to join the game and reserve your seat at the table. Becoming a member has many benefits. You will receive a membership card that entitles you to discounts at a variety of roleplay and gaming stores and outlets (Modiphius, Having a Larp, Leisure Games, Games Sesh, Age of Essence, etc.). Membership costs £8 for a year and expires at the end of September, this is reduced by £1 every 3 months (from January costs £7, from April £6, from July £5). In case you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Edited 1658412488
Adri I am interested and live in the UK. Could you tell me a little bit about the party so that I can see what classes would help add balance? The time, commitment and ability to handle the difficulty of being serious and less so do not phase me. Being 56, I am both mature in body and mind. As a long term DM, FR is my second favourite setting, so when and if the time comes, I can trawl my 2E Moonsea book and other resources to help with an idea or two. Then perhaps we can smooth the edges off their back story and raison d'etres. Zoom (used once at work) and Signal (never heard of this) will be more of challenge but I'm sure you can help me through that. Lastly is the plan to continue going up through the levels somehow? Regards Frenchie
Hi Frenchie, These are the party's characters: - Emmyth, elf bard - Logan, human fighter - Faynis, elf wizard - Rodri, dwarf druid - Lumin, human cleric Zoom is very easy to use and if you have ever used Whatsapp, Signal is very very similar only more privacy friendly. Anyway, I can explain and help you through everything, this won't be a problem for sure. There won't be a proper leveling up, but there are epic boons granted by your deity after gaining a certain amount of XP. This is why during character creation it would be required to have a deity of you choice. I'm sending you via private message my email address, so if you want you can reach me in an easier and quicker way.  
Hello there! I don't know if you're still seeking a person to fill that spot, but if you ae, I'd like to talk it over! What you're describing sounds like just what I'm seeking, mate. While I don't live on your side of the pond anymore, I am more than able to make the time of your games and wouldn't mind losing out on the other benefits like the membership card. This sounds like a great role-playing opportunity, and despite my name, I'm looking for games to play even as I run my own! You can private message me here, or feel free to Discord DM me at any time at The Forever GM#8440 - no worries!