Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Altered HP Maximum's

Hey guys I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue, Im also trying to clear up my own name as one of my players believed that I altered their HP maximum, I am the DM in a game where the players are level 5, I'm not sure what happened but after a session I went back to add NPC's for the following session and noticed that two of my players had drastically lowered hp maximums, I adjusted their health to be correct and let them know about it, but one players hp maximums was only marginally lower so i didnt notice it. today this player in anger accused me of altering his HP maximum and promptly left the game taking 2 other players with him. I want to clear this up with them cause I didnt change their hp maximums but they currently dont believe me. I have been trying to run this game for years now and its the furthest i have gotten in it. I have no reason to sabotage the game
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Mark! I don't think there's a way of proving this. A Rollback might do it, but even if it did, it sounds like the player is predisposed to disbelieve you. This sounds like ultimately a table social dynamics issue. You could encourage players to make vault backups periodically, or you could make backups of your entire game, but I don't know if this would overcome the central issue of lack of trust.
I fear you are right as I have exhausted every avenue trying to find a change log or something indicating that I never altered anything. I guess this is an attempt to encourage others who have had similar things happen to come forward. I believe that the issue is one of a technical nature, something happened between the time frames of the last session and when i logged in to add NPC's which altered the HP maximums. again. no way to prove anything
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I do remember a little while back of people reportung that their HP had been drastically lowered, and it looks like you;ve been hit by the same bug, I didn't follow the situation to find out what the solution was.
GiGs said: I do remember a little while back of people reportung that their HP had been drastically lowered, and it looks like you;ve been hit by the same bug, I didn't follow the situation to find out what the solution was. would you by chance remember how long ago these bugs were being reported?

Edited 1655931228
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In the range of weeks. It's pretty recent, but I can't be more specific than that.
thank you very much GiGs thats exactly when this issue occured
This same situation happened in my 5E game last Wednesday. Several players, including myself, discovered our HPs had reverted to their 1st-level values. Luckily we had the chat logs from levelling-up so we could easily fix the problem, but the HP reversion happened at least twice more within the space of roughly a day. It seems to have stopped bugging-out now so we're hopeful we'll all have the correct HPs this coming Wednesday.